Purple?? Purple....

std7mag

So, i had bought a large ring Mauser at auction for $65.
Decided to strip down and do custom build. Cartridge 7X57 Mauser.
My plan was a blued & wood hunting rifle.
Dakota 3 position safety, Timney trigger, E.R.Shaw 22" number 1 contour barrel, Boyds Prarrie Hunter stock.
Things were going well. Ordered the safety, trigger.

That's when wife noticed boxes coming to the house.... :rolleyes:

To try to get out of the trouble i was seeing coming my way, i told her i was building my daughter a rifle. ( this is where i figured it would still stay at my house & i still get to shoot/hunt with it)

Well, she went and told my daughter i was building her a rifle. :eek:
Next thing i know my daughter is at the house, wanting to go over the build.
Showed her the stock on Boyds website that i was planning.

"WAIT!! , WHAT'S THAT??"

"That would be a Boyds AT-One stock, in walnut.

"NO!! Scroll down!"

AT-One in Royal Purple

"THAT'S THE ONE I WANT!!!"

So my wife being the dear she is, called and ordered it. "So i didn't have too."
Happy Fathers Day!!

Egads, a purple Mauser.... :eek:

105kw

Well, deer are color blind. So that doesn't matter much.
As long as it's not pink, I'd be happy.:D

Scorch

Purple's OK. I mean for you it's OK. Not that I would discriminate against a purple rifle, of course, they just make me feel . . . uncomfortable. You know! But, yeah! Purple's OK!:eek:

Now the Boyds AT-ONE stock is not okay, but that's another matter.

burrhead

That's when wife noticed boxes coming to the house....

That's why I have some things delivered to my office and use a money order to buy them. You're not very good at this "sneaky stuff".

Oh yeah, pics of the rifle are in order when it's done.

jmr40

I've come to like some non-traditional stock colors even on hunting rifles. I wouldn't pick purple, but could see myself using a non-traditional color. I bet it looks good when finished.

big al hunter

So this is what my future holds ...my youngest daughter is 2 years old. I hadn't discovered Boyd's when my oldest daughter was around and influencing my gun purchases. I see purple in my future, but I think I will try to avoid it on my guns.;).

Just had a thought. Order the stock you want for the rifle in a month or so. When you go hunting you can change it out, and back again.:D

44 AMP

Staff
From the way you described it, your problem isn't the color, your problem is your relationship with your wife, and why you felt you needed to lie about what you were doing.

Your wife, your life, do as you think best, but if you have to hide things from her (guns or anything else) your relationship is "suboptimal".

According to Han Solo, "Women ALWAYS find out..", and I've found that to be true, way more often than not.

Good Luck!

you'll NEED it! :rolleyes: