Pulled over Guns drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward429451

What! I didn't get a bottle of wine for my patient cooperation with their mp5's who were pointed at the wrong guy. Your Wife must be prettier than me, lol.

Kmar40

but it is standard procedure to approach a car with guns drawn if it was a suspected felony car stop.
Actually, it isn't standard procedure to approach a car at all in a felony car stop.

Stevie-Ray

Mistakes like that scare me. I always think about the anti drug/gang force making an address mistake and try a raid on my house.
Happened to an old buddy of mine. His house was later blown up in what the cops said was probably another case of mistaken identity-this time not theirs. Not too much luck back then.

Wagonman

It's nice to see cops act like decent human beings. The cops where I live do. The cops in Chicago where I'm from, don't. I can imagine the Chicago PD doing a bunch of things, none of them good, and few of them lawful.

You have any specific beefs or are you just into slandering an entire department

Similar situation happened to my friend.
He was driving a vehicle that matched the description of an vehicle used in an armed robbery the day before (White Ford Explorer, pretty common). He was driving after high school with two of my other friends when one cruiser began the stop. Suddenly one turned into 3 cruisers. They were ordered from the vehicle at gun point and all were made to lay on the ground, hands outstretched. They got no such apology when the error was realized. The police did explain to them why they acted the way that they did, but no real apologies. The funniest thing is that two of my friends were still wearing their Catholic school uniforms and were not even the same race as the criminals. They were just happy that due to cooperating, no on was hurt.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
As a "Biker" with "colors" on my back I was routinely "accosted" and harassed by LE but it was expected. One night I was pulled, officers were behind the open cruiser doors driver had pistol in hand finger inside guard and ordered me to shut off the motor (it was already off) and put my hands on my head and dismount to begin the "felony stop" routine of on my knees etc... when my left hand left my helmet he SCREAMED calling me a fornicator of a female parent and to put my hand on my head. I couldn't explain that I had to reach down and use my hand to get the side stand started as it was under my exhaust pipe. Well after that "failure to communicate" I was on my face in fire ants and frisked. He cuffed me and finally put his gun in the holster as he and his partner explained that my bike "matched" the description of a "stolen" bike... I asked what make and model were they after. I was told "It is one of these harleys" I replied "Cool holmes, this here is a 1972 Moto Guzzi... motor is cross ways not in line with the frame..." They then proceeded to infringe on my civil rights by searching my saddle bags even though I insisted their "probable cause" was forfeited when the make of my bike was not even the brand of the imaginary stolen bike they sought to find...
But thus is the life of a law abiding citizen who rides with the patches of an organization on their back... None of the members of our club's local chapter had any felony convictions or even charges against us...
Brent

djohn

Hotdogs you just ran in to the common stereo type smucks.I used to ride for yrs,I had a harley XLH 1000 sportster and alway had the leather vest with patches along with a few tattoos. You know when you have colors its automatic your in the the Hells Angels or a criminal or both. If you have tattoos you are a criminal and a drug user.:rolleyes:

I have no patience for peple like this and police are no exception.

I used to get pulled over because my bike was to loud when it had stock factory pipes,that where no louder then a honda.next time it was my tail light was out but it was not.

This ticked me off So much I put straight pipes on my harley and because I wanted them a little.Know it was loud real loud when I cracked the throttle and with three foot flames out the exaust pipes,it was very neat a night ridding.The funny thing I never got pulled over any more even with illegal noise pollution.

I think if we dress like the geek squad we will no longer get pulled over.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.