Proud Taurus Owners

Sevens

My Taurus Raging Thirty :D
Holy cow! I was around when Taurus was advertising them, but I had never actually seen any evidence that they actually made and shipped them. This is another Taurus that I would certainly purchase.

I'd really like to know what you think of it, where you got it, how it runs, extracts/ejects, accuracy, all of it. If you have a moment, I think you oughta start a new thread in the revolver area of the site, I'd love to hear more about it.

As for me, I have two Taurus handguns currently. My first one was a circa-1994 PT-99AF. I was an avid reader of Guns & Ammo magazine at the time and the handgun editor (Jan Libourel) had me thinking that it was one of the best buys in the industry. I really, really HATED 9mm at the time (I read a lot of Jeff Cooper) but I wanted a hi-cap gun before the Clinton "Crime Bill" made them impossible to get. So I bought the Taurus and one extra 15-rd magazine.

I only ever fed it the cheapest FMJ ammo I could find... Rem/UMC and lots of Norinco. It wouldn't run all the time and I would get at least 3-5 jams in every 50 round box. It was okay... seemed to be decently built but I couldn't grow to love it. Part of the problem was that I just didn't care for 9mm or the reputation it had in the 1980s and early 90s, and I couldn't get it to run 100%.

Eventually, I added 9mm to the growing list of calibers that I handed for and it was shortly after I began making my own ammo that the Taurus started to run reliably just about ALL the time.

I've had it now for... wow, 17 going on 18 years! Crazy! The pistol has eaten many many thousands of rounds and it's still running, and running well. It's got a smoother DA and a lighter SA trigger than my buddy's one-year old Beretta 92. It's a great looking gun that has taken all I've given it and begged for me. It's truly been a rock solid pistol.

9mm

Haters going hate, 2k + rounds :)
Might be a back up gun some day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• taurus haters.jpg
    taurus haters.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 397

icedog88

About the same I paid a year ago. Tough to police the brass in the field as it throws the casing between 10-12.

bossman

Taurus 431, made in 1993
3"
5 shot
44 Special
Paid $268 about 10 months ago

Wow I didn't know that was out there. What a beauitful gun, I now have to add one to my want list. Thanks for the photo.

RogueLeader

The wife's 991 .22 mag Tracker (stainless0, and my .44 mag Tracker (blue). Both are a lot of fun to shoot, but the .22 mag is heavy.

P1010002.jpg

PT-92

RogueLeader

The wife's 991 .22 mag Tracker (stainless0, and my .44 mag Tracker (blue). Both are a lot of fun to shoot, but the .22 mag is heavy.

That is some mighty fine eye-candy indeed--the 'four' of you make a great couple.

-Cheers

Great thread

Nice to hear from folks that have good experience with Taurus. I've had two , a stainless 85 snubbie 38 Special and a Tracker in 357. They both worked fine and shot well. They are gone, but not forgotten. :( The 85 is my daughter's home defense weapon. The Tracker was traded. Would certainly own another Taurus.

PT-92

Colorado Redneck

Great thread
Nice to hear from folks that have good experience with Taurus. I've had two , a stainless 85 snubbie 38 Special and a Tracker in 357. They both worked fine and shot well. They are gone, but not forgotten. The 85 is my daughter's home defense weapon. The Tracker was traded. Would certainly own another Taurus.

Great to see Dad looking out for daughter--that's an ideal HD platform for her.

-Cheers

Quincunx

Stainless steel .44 Special Model 431 x 2 = the wife's bedside and carry pieces. No problems except both cylinder latches worked loose over time; a drop of Loctite solved the problem both times.

dalegribble

i love to see a positive taurus thread. I have a taurus mod 605, .357. mod 44, 44 mag, a rossi (taurus) 357. i also have 2 taurus pt-92's, a pt-709 slim, a pt-145 and a pt-1911. all have been well made, reliable and accurate and have never given me a single problem.
i would like to add a 22/22mag convertible revolver if taurus makes one or i may add one of each caliber. i like my taurus guns and i think they are a good value.

icedog88

Microgunner

Ya think? :D

It was lonely! I was framed! The devil made me do it!:D

Excuses are like butts, everyone has one and they all stink. I just wanted it!

Lol, I told the sales guy it was a bit "blingy" but he didn't know when he was gonna get another Super in. Man! I got sucked into that one!

I could do without the rail but aside from that, it's smooth.

Grant D

The 992 Stainless is my next buy, I think it will get along with my S&W'S, Colts, and Rugers just fine!!(I even have a Hi-Point carbine!!)

shurshot

Taurus 6" 66 .357 and PT-99 9MM, both bought new in 1986, NEVER any issue with either, after thousands and thousands of rounds. Hot summer days, cold, frigid winters at the gravel pit or in the woods... they keep on shooting. ;)

Attachments

• 1986Taurus.jpg
    1986Taurus.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

PT-92

shurshot

Taurus 6" 66 .357 and PT-99 9MM, both bought new in 1986, NEVER any issue with either, after thousands and thousands of rounds. Hot summer days, cold, frigid winters at the gravel pit or in the woods... they keep on shooting.

Great pic of some great hardware!

-Cheers

HawkeyeNRAlifer

My first Taurus auto was also my first small .45. I love how easy it is to shoot, less felt recoil than most of my other 45's. And based on that gun I added a 24/7 OSS a few months later. Both have been accurate and flawless in function. The 3" revolver is a Rossi, one of my favorite revolvers. The single action trigger pull was SUPERB right out of the box, as good as my worked S&W 686. And it's a 44 special, my favorite wheelgun cartridge. I also had a nice Taurus 6" ss 44 special revolver for many years before getting a good trade in value towards my SA XD45. I certainly cannot bash Taurus, in my experience they have performed better than some of my more expensive firearms.

Attachments

• 2011 121.JPG
    2011 121.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 2011 082.JPG
    2011 082.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 2011 111.JPG
    2011 111.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 47