Problems crimping .45 colt

Sturm

A REDDING Titanium Carbide sizing die will cost a little more, but it can be purchased seperately and if you add the Profile crimp die, I think you'll be glad you did. One .41 man to another!

Hornady uses a Nitride process on what they call their Titanium dies. This is a very similar process that is applied to machine tools and drill bits. It is also subject to wear and everyone is right here. If you are not expanding, it is the resizing die that is the culprit, even if it was intended for .452" and likely, it wasn't. REDDING Titanium Carbide is exactly what is stated. The resizing ring is machined from Titanium Carbide, the hardest carbide in use by reloading tool manufacturers. Guaranteed for life and forget about wear issues and no one holds tolerances on their reloading dies tighter than REDDING!

There, I've done it again, but the extra you pay now, will pay-off in the long term. Kinda like buying a socket set from the truck guys vs. buying them at Wal-Mart! ;)

41special

Well I gave Hornady a call and they said they would send me out a new sizing die the 454 Casull die I assume, that should fix it.

Nice company