Prettiest Firearm you own?

orionengnr

Guess I'd go with my 4" M19. Much like an unrestored but well-kept '65 Corvette convertible, it has a clean and classic style and lines that transcend time.

And yeah, I once owned a '65 Vette too. Wish I still had it...

FALacy

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Dolsak

I've got to say that I'm partial to my Grandfather's old Browning A-5 16ga.
I also like the looks of my Dad's blackpowder pistol. (An Old Army .44 I think).
And a Springfield 1903 that my grandfather built on something like a 4/5 scale so my uncle could go hunting with him when he was young. THAT is a pretty rifle.

FrankenMauser

Every time I pull my .270 out of the gun safe, my wife exclaims, "Oh, the pretty one!"

It's a Ruger M77 MkII Stainless / Laminate, in .270 Winchester, wearing a Leupold VX-3. Nothing super special, but I did hand pick the best stock and metal finish I could find.

Up next, I'm sure, would be her .327 Federal, 5.5" Blackhawk (which is, of course, only available in Stainless/Rosewood. She got very luck, and found one from the first month of production (very low serial number). The fit, finish, and grip panel quality is superb (great contrast, clarity, color, and finish).

c_jackson

Some of you folks might cringe about this one, but I'll cast a vote for my Beretta 92FS M9. Not posting a pic, mainly because you all know what they look like. I just always liked the menacing appearance of the damn thing and the way it was automatically recognized overseas by friend and foe alike.

horseman308

my .50 Tennessee mountain flintlock. It's a fairly plain rifle in terms of ornamentation (especially compared to many other flinters), but the full-length curly maple stock is really pretty.

longrifle1.jpg

longrifle2.jpg

TXGunNut

Eye of the Beholder

One is simply beautiful, the other two have saved my fat arse. You choose.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 61

paddling_man

Everybody sees "pretty" differently. I taught whitewater kayaking for about a decade. You paddle with a woman sealed up in a spray skirt of a kayak, no makeup, hair under a helmet, and you don't get to hide a lot. Suddenly the eyes, the smile, the laugh - the things that make up what they really are and you can't take away - those become sexy. The dolled up Victoria's Secret model - admittedly sexy - becomes all about lighting and makeup. (I work in TV now and see the before and after green room "magic.")

Same thing for me with a pretty gun. It's about the function and lines, not the shine or adornments.

The two of mine I find the "prettiest?"

pickhk.jpg

4506-bAfter.jpg

rdf.hack

My 1916 Gewehr 98 Mauser. Pretty accurate, all original, just need me self a bayonet for it.

No pic, sorry it can't do justice to its beauty