precision rifle opinions wanted

Bart B.

Thanks for the recommendations. Loked for an FN and there are currently 2 on GB. One is a 300 Win Mag. The other is almost $1k over retail. Found a video on this gun and the posters comment was that he achieved 1/4 MOA with his.
My opinion is that if the rifle is a 1/4 MOA one, no test groups are bigger than 1/4 MOA.

The most accurate 308's i know of were based on Winchester 70 actions. Example is 40 shots inside 2 inches at 600 yards.

Last edited:

Rob228

Would be nice if reviews of detachable box magazine rifles included tests to see if sight zeros didn't change across several magazines.

THIS. I thought I was going crazy with my Savage 93R .17HMR. The first round out of the factory magazine if I load all 5 is always 1/2" low. If I load 4 it doesn't happen. Doesn't matter if its cold bore or not, with a full magazine it drops the first one low.

bacardisteve

Build one off a custom action there are several available personally I like Defiance. Pick a good barell plenty out there (lilja,hart,kreiger...) and the chasis/stock of your choice for well within your price range. It will be a much nicer rig than any factory rifle.

hounddawg

Build one off a custom action there are several available personally I like Defiance. Pick a good barell plenty out there (lilja,hart,kreiger...) and the chasis/stock of your choice for well within your price range. It will be a much nicer rig than any factory rifle.

times 2, add Shilen and Criterion to the barrel choices. A lot of nice stocks, MDT or KRG for example. A Defiance or Bighorn action will beat any off the shelf action as far as smoothness. Put a good drop in trigger on it and you are all set