Precision ar build, debating some choices.

MarkCO

PRS light is a great choice for a stock. Total War Tactical is a nice, skeletonized fully adjustable stock, for not a lot of money. I have three of them. Rifle buffer tubes don't improve anything except length. I actually prefer carbine buffer tubes. Easier to tune. JP hollow ground spring and light buffer, tuned to your gas system is the way. You don't need a tungsten buffer either. You want to minimize the moving mass, why the JP reduced mass BCG is a great choice. All I run in my precision ARs.

Bullets, Berger's are great, but expensive. ELDm are also good. I have settled on the 69 TMKs. They have the BC of the 77s, a little more speed. Shoot them out to 900 in team precision matches, also my long range 3Gun load. But then, I shoot them out of 16" barrels. My Kreiger and other brand 24, 20 and 18 inch barrels are all gone.

Faxon makes great barrels. They are better than their price point suggests. Every AR pattern rifle I own that does not have a Stretch Precision barrel has a faxon. I have them in 224 Wylde, 9mm, 6.5CM and .308Win.

18" with rifle gas for sure over a 20" with rifle gas. I prefer the 16" with intermediate gas and the 69s over the 18" rifle gas with the 77s. But similar performance with both as far as range and velocity. I load into the 5.56 pressure window, which many won't. But with the 16"I or 18"R properly tuned, you won't have issues. The Faxon will need an adjustable gas block, the Stretch Precision won't, since it was designed for that purpose and not mass market. And YES, 1:8.

HiBC

My first AR build was made from a box of second hand and salvage parts my brother sent me. There was a 16 in Olympic H-bar barrel in there. 1 in 9 twist.

At that time,there was no published data for .223/5,56 and Varget with 69 gr bullets. I contacted Nosler and Hodgdon . They mailed me data snail mail.
Meanwhile,I used my chrono to find my own max using "incremental charge increase vs diminishing returns"
Hodgdons, Nosler,and my "max" agreed within 0.2 grain.

That carbine shot consistent 100 yd groups (5 shot) that a Quarter coin would hide, I was happy. As I recall it was about 2860 fps.

I think the 69 gr bullet is a great load.

I went to a 1 in 8 twist and 75 gr Hornady HPBTs. RE-15 edged out Varget as my preferred powder for that bullet.