powder scale inaccuracies

qajaq59

After all is said and done you really are going to need another scale of some kind. Or else get the factory to work on that one until you're sure it's ok.
An inaccurate scale is not only frustrating, it can be downright dangerous. I can't think of anything that would mess up your shooting more then the thought that "Maybe I have too much powder in this case."

TEDDY

scales

lee scales work well,however sometimes any scale can have a problem.I hade a lee that had a problem sent it to factory they sent me a new one end of problem.

Kato_Guy

I just got back from the local sprting goods store and bought the rcbs range pro. I threw some powder and my lee measured it at 28.0gr and the rcbs digital read it at 27.9gr that is pretty close I guess.

I threw a couple more and after looking at the digital scale I couldn't believe that the lee powder thrower always threw within a grain one way or the other.

Shoulda never doubted my LEE equipment. What do I do with my rcbs now keep it return it what??

and NO I am not going to sell it to YOU for half price!!!

happy loading!
kyle

ShootingNut

kato

" threw a couple more and after looking at the digital scale I couldn't believe that the lee powder thrower always threw within a grain one way or the other."

Your Lee varies a whole grain, one way or the other? I thought mine was bad with 2-4 tenths variance.

dgc940

Like brickeyee said!
My rcbs does the very same thing yours is! when dusty/dirty i take a qtip diped in acohol clean the knife and knife edges then blow clean then it works great till dirty again! They say keep covered till needed but I dont so I blow it clean before use. But like said when it gets dirty mine is very inconsistant it will vary as much as .1 -.2 grain. try it its free?