Possible news from Kahr.

Dfariswheel

I've heard rumblings from Kahr that they will be introducing a new .380 auto smaller than the Micro guns, sometime after the first of the year.

Mosin44az

I actually hope they don't go too much smaller. A .380 the size of the PM9 would have a better shot at being reliable.

Bill DeShivs

The P3AT, and all Keltecs have an aluminum frame that is pinned into the plastic grip. You are correct about the small parts.

The P3AT, and all Keltecs have an aluminum frame that is pinned into the plastic grip. You are correct about the small parts.
You have fallen victim to creative marketing. That tiny pice of metal they call the frame is not a frame. The frame is plastic with a small metal insert. A bit of re-naming by Ket-Tec does not change that fact.

Bill DeShivs

I have fallen victim to creative MANUFACTURING. It is the frame. It includes the trigger mechanism, and the slide rails. It does everything a frame is supposed to do. It is smaller than most frames because Keltec was smart enought to make the parts that don't need to be metal out of plastic. The ATF considers it a frame/receiver.
What you guys are calling the frame is actually the grip.

The ATF considers it a frame/receiver.
What you guys are calling the frame is actually the grip.
I am aware the ATF would consider it a receiver since it contains the firing mechanism but I have never seen anything to indicate the ATF considers it a frame.

I do not think people are mistaking grips for a frame. Grips do not include bottom rails, trigger guards, or lower body parts...a frame does.

Bill DeShivs

And "frames" are not removeable/replaceable. Keltec calls it a grip. I didn't say "grips."
A frame and receiver are the same thing-generally and legally. It is an innovative frame, and the grip is innovative as well.
If anyone doubts this, simply go to the Keltec website and look at the exploded diagrams on any of the pistols.

HammerBite

It is interesting to note that in the Kel-Tec P-3AT parts list part number 210 (Frame) is the only one marked "exchange only." That sounds to me like part number 210 is the legal gun. Where is the serial number found?

Desert01

No .45 news?

I was realy hoping you were talking about a Steel 8+1 "T-45L" with a light rail:(

Or a "TP-45L" with light rail and a 8+1 extended mag;)

Would also be looking for a K-357!

Last edited:

ctjoe

I also hope its similar to the PM size. Shootable and accurate. Keltecs are a bit small, I have a 32 but wish iot was a bit longer for sighting purposes

ctjoe

Its scheduled for middle of next year. Will be smaller than the PM. I hear much smaller but whats the def. of much.

Don H

I am aware the ATF would consider it a receiver since it contains the firing mechanism
That's generally true but there are exceptions - the current Ruger Mark III .22 auto (and earlier models), for example, where the barrel/receiver is the firearm, not the grip frame that contains the trigger/firing mechanism.