Popular polymer pistols not Glock or Sig?

wild cat mccane

1 out of 4 mentioned the PPQ/P99...how's the P320?

:)

The trigger is heavier, the reset is more than the ppq, the shape is a little weird, and it sounds like "clunk" (hallow) when you dry fire it. Per Hickok's video, the sighting is a bit hard to get too.

RKG

Another vote for the M&Ps, despite an early reluctance:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6519973&postcount=19

With the M2.0, the out-of-box trigger is better than with the originals, but I'd still install an Apex sear, actuator and sear spring, as well as striker block and striker block spring -- leaving the trigger and trigger return spring per factory. If you have the required tools, a 20-minute job that makes a significant improvement.

TunnelRat

Per Hickok's video, the sighting is a bit hard to get too.

Having owned a few P320s, what's hard about a three dot sight picture?

With the M2.0, the out-of-box trigger is better than with the originals, but I'd still install an Apex sear, actuator and sear spring, as well as striker block and striker block spring -- leaving the trigger and trigger return spring per factory.

Personally all I did with mine was an APEX replacement polymer shoe. I left the internals stock and have been pretty happy.

sigarms228

Having owned a few P320s, what's hard about a three dot sight picture?

Personally all I did with mine was an APEX replacement polymer shoe. I left the internals stock and have been pretty happy.
Did replacing the factory trigger with the APEX replacement polymer shoe increase the trigger reach on the M&P 2.0 and thus making it so it does not break so far back? That is my major gripe with the M&P 2.0 because from the factory the trigger reach is too short for me because of my larger hands/longer trigger finger.

TunnelRat

Did replacing the factory trigger with the APEX replacement polymer shoe increase the trigger reach on the M&P 2.0 and thus making it so it does not break so far back? That is my major gripe with the M&P 2.0 because from the factory the trigger reach is too short for me because of my larger hands/longer trigger finger.
In my experience it will reduce the total travel. It doesn't change the resting position of the trigger though, but your finger should be more forward when the trigger breaks. You could also go with the forward set sear kit if you wanted a bigger difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Siggy-06

I also wanna mention the ruger SR series. Be sure to try the trigger though, I've felt one that had a bit of a mushy feel, then another that was crisper. Might pick up a SR45 soon for under $375.

TruthTellers

I was interested in the SR45 once, but lost interest when I learned how cheap and easy it is to get threaded Glock barrels instead.

sigarms228

In my experience it will reduce the total travel. It doesn't change the resting position of the trigger though, but your finger should be more forward when the trigger breaks. You could also go with the forward set sear kit if you wanted a bigger difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I may have to check that out.

I guess this this thread could go on for a whole lot longer. The Best Gun, the Best trigger etc. Lol, I would say the best is what is best for you regardless of trigger or gun. At the end of all this, I wonder how many will be the Best? And don't forget, just because a gun is popular, does not mean it is the best. I guess I need to shoot about 100 more to make the best answer. But is there really a "Best answer"?? What is better, a Blond, Brunette, or Redhead? Is there any truth in Beauty is in the eye of the Holder?

Rangerrich99

I guess this this thread could go on for a whole lot longer. The Best Gun, the Best trigger etc. Lol, I would say the best is what is best for you regardless of trigger or gun. At the end of all this, I wonder how many will be the Best? And don't forget, just because a gun is popular, does not mean it is the best. I guess I need to shoot about 100 more to make the best answer. But is there really a "Best answer"?? What is better, a Blond, Brunette, or Redhead? Is there any truth in Beauty is in the eye of the Holder?
Definitely redheads, no question about it. It's a universal truth, like gravity.

jackstrawIII

Check out:

- Walther P99AS (amazzzzzzing trigger)
- Smith and Wesson M&P series (Apex trigger takes it into a whole new league of amazing)
- H&K VP9 has a good trigger, but the gun as a whole didn't click for me

Those are the best triggers in a poly gun. In my experience.

Nakanokalronin

fZUAymB.jpg

TruthTellers

I'm looking for what gun is best for me and I figure I'll start with what people here are suggesting. Sounds like the Walther P99 and PPQ are worth checking out and the S&W M&P 2.

I never said that the Glock, which is the most popular still, was the best for me. I got it for many reasons and its weakest areas are still "good enough" to me.

O4L

I will say up front I didn't read every post in this thread.

My choice would be one of the M&P line pistols, most likely the 2.0 but I wouldn't pass up a great deal on a first generation either.

tswelsh

I just bought the H&K VP9 in 9mm. Long time 1911 shooter but I needed something with higher ammo capacity (and cheaper) for competition shooting. The VP9 comes with 3 different backstraps & sidestraps for smaller/larger hands. I have larger hands and this helps, though not perfect. Good trigger and after a rusty start, have been getting bullseyes regularly.