Popular polymer pistols not Glock or Sig?

TruthTellers

I'm a Glock guy, have been for years. It has its weaknesses, but I got into the Glock for the popularity of them and the amount of accessories and aftermarket parts and carbines that use Glock mags. However, I'm starting to think about branching out into something not Glock because I don't want to be missing out on anything.

What are some polymer pistols that aren't Glock or Sig that use doublestack magazines and have a nice trigger? I've felt the S&W M&P 2.0 trigger and that was great. How are Walther's?

Not interested in Canik or the Springfield traitors.

EDIT: No HK either, I hear their customer service is terrible.

Last edited:

Uncle Malice

Walther's triggers are good, I found the PPQ ergonimics to sit a bit strange in my hand. Never could get used to it. Loved everything else about the gun.

Are you looking specifically for striker-fired? If so, the CZ P10 C and HK VP9 are probably the other 2 top contenders with good triggers.

If you're open to hammer-fired also, the CZ P-07/P-09 are stellar performers as well.

Sharkbite

Ive switched entirely to S&W M&P’s. My current EDC gun is a 2.0 compact in 9mm. Those guns just fit better then any gen Glock could hope to

TruthTellers

Are you looking specifically for striker-fired? If so, the CZ P10 C and HK VP9 are probably the other 2 top contenders with good triggers.

If you're open to hammer-fired also, the CZ P-07/P-09 are stellar performers as well.
I'm open to both hammer and striker, I have no preference.

sigarms228

EDIT: No HK either, I hear their customer service is terrible.

That was several years ago but in more recent years their customer service has been reported as very good and I got email responses from the promptly for a couple questions.

As far as striker fired pistols the Walther PPQ IMO has the best trigger, at least from my experiences, and the HK VP9 is also excellent.

As far as hammer fired poly pistols based on my experiences I have found HKs and SIG SP2022 have nice triggers. HK DA will most likely be heavy but a couple easy spring changes (hammer and firing pin block) will remedy that.

rpenmanparker

Yep, the Ruger SR9 is a fine, American-made pistol. I don’t like the striker action nearly as much as the SA action on the SR1911, but I still can shoot it very well. So much more elegant appearance than the Glocks.

dpadams6

Walther p99. Very unique striker fired that is a da/sa with a de-cocker. Fantastic gun. I actually like a little better then the ppq.

jmr40

I want to like the Smith M&P. The new 2.0 trigger is better, but so far it isn't translating into better shooting. I still shoot my Glocks a lot better. Maybe with more trigger time.

I am however really impressed with Rugers offerings. I have a LC9s and SR9C. I shoot both of them much better than the G43 and G26 they replaced. But the G19, G20, G21, and G29 I still shoot better than anything else.

My daughter absolutely LOVES her Beretta Nano 9mm and i'm equally pleased with my s&w sd9.
I think most modern day firearms are really well made and do the job. I have a SR9C, LC9s which I have about 10,000 rounds down range both really nice guns. However, I found the Nano and Personally love this mild shooter. I had searced for a new 9mm for months and tried just about every thing.
The gun has to fit for the individual. This gun is every thing I wanted. Liked it so much, just put a thousand rounds through it this past month since ownership, eats every thing I have run in it. About 7-8 manufacturers of just about every grain. You know when you find the right gun, you can shoot it all day and want to shoot more.
Some may like the Kahr, the Shield, Gock and on and on. No wrong choices. All great guns.

Siggy-06

Walther P99 AS has the best poly stock trigger I've ever felt, and I've been shooting 20+ years. Walther PPQ and HK VP9 come 2nd. M&P 2.0 is an improvement to the original. Haven't handled a CZ P-10 yet but keeping my eyes out.

Armybrat

The Ruger American and SR series.

What he said. My SR9 & SR45 have been excellent pistols at value prices. Gave my SR9 to one of my sons, and the SR45 is in my nightstand.

E359_B745_698_C_4_CBE_8999_6_B545_E2684_B5.jpg

K_Mac

One more vote for the Ruger SR series. I like my SR9c trigger as much or more than any gun in its class.