Politically Incorrect

buck460XVR

Ergo, don't use politically incorrect humor as a form of protest if you are in a minority group?

Duh.........kinda what I've been trying to say from the start, Art.

I have no problem with humor, my problem is when these threads go from humor to promoting and condoning unsafe and illegal practices, especially under the ruse that it's "humor".

I help teach hunter safety. Some of the things we try to impress upon our students besides firearm safety and ethics in the field are following game laws and presenting a positive image as a hunter to others. Altho on opening day of deer, pheasant or dove season, it does not seem like it, Hunters are a minority. One only needs to look at the amount of viewers/posters on this forum and see that. While at this time there are 250 folks viewing and posting in the semi-auto handgun subforum, there are only 23 viewing and posting here in the hunting subforum. Numbers are similar even during the height of hunting season. If we want respect from the majority of non-hunters, we also need to be respectful of them and not give thm a negative impression of us. Many folks here will complain about how some open carry folks give a negative impression by not using common sense when they open carry, but then think it's fine to promote the breaking of game laws. It all comes down to common sense. If you're a violator and think that you have some sort of justification to breaking a law, keep it to yourself. The rest of us law abiding hunters don't need the negative press.

jmr40

My minor contribution. From our hunt camp in Colorado a few years ago. One of our party brought this and put it on one of the tents.

Auto5

Years ago, I was lucky enough to draw one of the coveted opening day slots for dove hunting at a nearby state park. As the hunters took up their assigned positions, a group of protesters began flying rc planes just behind the shooters, from across the road, to keep the birds away. One of the planes strayed just a bit too far forward. As if an unspoken signal had been given, the toy plane disintegrated in a barrage of gunfire. Empty shells were quickly ejected and pocketed. Barely able to keep a straight face, the conservation officer went down to each shooting position and dutifully asked who had fired. Receiving only negative replies and innocent looks, he then relocated the model aircraft enthusiasts to a "safer" location.