Pocket Pistols: Preferred Carry Method

Targa

Enjoy that RM.380 Garand, I really like mine. I have been using a Desantis pocket holster like Cheapshooter mentioned that has worked well.

GarandTd

"Meh." Not interested.
To each his own. The rm380 has had my interest for a little while now. After the rebate, it only set me back $153+change. I couldn't say no to that. I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

GarandTd

Enjoy that RM.380 Garand, I really like mine.
Thanks Targa. I'm looking forward to it's arrival and getting to the range with it. I'll have to check out the Desantis. It's been a common factor in many of the posts.

lee n. field

To each his own. The rm380 has had my interest for a little while now. After the rebate, it only set me back $153+change. I couldn't say no to that. I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

I already have an LCP, that I very seldom shoot or carry. Don't feel the need or desire for another pistol specialized for deepest concealment, that's not fun to shoot.

Mosin44az

In right front pocket:

Glock 43, DeSantis Superfly; or

Ruger LCP Custom, small Superfly- like Gun Show special, with concealing flap;
or

Ruger LCR .357, LAW leather pocket holster;or

Gen 1 LCP, Recluse one-sided.

Pocket carry much the easiest route, in Phoenix.....

wmg1299

I have been pleasantly surprised by Sticky Holsters. The operate through friction and do not rely on any external loops or clasps. They allow you to carry IWB or in a pocket without changing holsters. I like having the option to change my carry style based on my wardrobe.

DMK

When I carry my J-frame 642, it's almost always in my pants pocket in a DeSantis Superfly holster. Sometimes though just dropped into a coat pocket without a holster in very cold weather where a long coat will prevent me from getting to my IWB or pants pocket.

My S&W Shield is most often carried and IWB with a Harwell Hybrid holster. Though I do sometimes pocket carry it with a DeSantis Superfly.

Last edited:

DMK

In regards to a gun (holstered or not... but I don’t recommend just putting a gun into a pocket) with other stuff rolling around in the same pocket... I vote don’t.
+1 Never put anything in the same pocket as the gun. Holster or not.

KyJim

I've pocket-carried a Beretta 950 (.25 acp), Ruger LCP .380, Sig P238/Mustang .380, Kahr CM9, and SW Model 38 Bodyguard (aluminum frame) revolver, all in a holster in my front, strong-side pants pocket. For all but the Beretta, I carry in a DeSantis Nemesis. Relatively inexpensive but keeps the guns oriented correctly and allows me to easily draw the gun without bringing the holster out with it. I have occasionally used this same holster to pocket-carry in a coat pocket.

For the little Beretta, I used an Uncle Mike's, similar to this one. I reinforced the side that is sewn/glued together to make it more rigid and help orient the pistol in my pocket. I haven't carried it for years and recommend the Nemesis over this type of holster.

Last edited:

FITASC

I carry either a S&W 642 or a Kahr CW9 - in Desantis pocket holsters. I like the 642 better as its rounded shape seems to blend in better with the rounded shape of the human body

TailGator

I pocket carry a Sig P238 in a Remora one day a week, sometimes two. I carry a bigger pistol IWB when I can, but when IWB doesn't work, it is nice to have something that can go with you. It works fine. The Remora is a little thicker than I would prefer, but it stays in place very well and can be used IWB if needed. The little Sig shoots exceptionally well for its size.

mavracer

Pockets vary a lot in size, as such I have several options for pocket carry from a Beretta Bobcat to a Steyr S40. I generally use DeSantis Nemesis holsters, but also use Uncle Mike's style pocket holsters too.
I will carry in either front pocket (I'm proficient with either hand) but I only carry DAO guns in my weak pocket.