Pocket Pistols: Preferred Carry Method

GarandTd

For those of you that carry a pocket pistol, I am wondering what your preferred carry method is. I realize this sounds like a question for Captain Obvious.....Duh, the pocket.....but I know just because it is pocket size does not necessarily mean you carry it that way.

Tell me what pistol, what holster(if you use one), position, and likes and dislikes to your equipment and how you carry it.

Thanks to low prices, high rebates and seemingly satisfied owners, I have a Remington RM380 on it's way. I've been interested in adding a pocket pistol to my collection and the aforementioned factors bumped it up a couple notches on the list.

Thanks in advance.

Carne Frio

I always carry and usually in a pocket holster.
For the last year it has been my Glock 43 in
an Uncle Mike's Number 4 pocket Holster.
I used to carry a J frame in a Kramer pocket
holster. I carry in the right front pocket.

Nothing else goes into that pocket; spare ammo
is in the left front.

Lprmcnit

CCW Breakaway

I just purchased a pair of CCW Breakaway pants. They have a very roomy pocket for concealment. I’d at least take a look and check them out online. I carry a glock 29/30 and nothing else i’ve tried has really been workable.

shooter1911

If I am not wearing a cover up garment I carry a S&W 340PD in my strongside pocket in a very thin holster. I see no reason to carry a small gun on my hip, because if I am wearing a cover up and am carrying in a holster I am carrying either a full size 1911 in a IWB holster or a 4" compact 45 in either a IWB or OWB holster. The only reason I carry in my pocket is when I don't have any other options that work for me.

Screwball

I can’t normally pocket carry... as most guns do not allow to come out of a standard pant pocket in my hand.

Only real exception is the LCP (original, not Gen2 or LCP II). I run it in a Recluse back pocket holster. Has a CT laser, as well as Hogue grip. Magazines use the Magguts system, so I have 7+1 in the gun, and another 7 in the spare magazine that fits in the holster. Having 15 rounds of .380 might not be the best thing out there, but in one pocket, it isn’t anything to sneeze at.

00ep3R9.jpg

I also carry my P938 SAS in a cargo pocket. Similar situation, as my hand can actually draw it from that pocket. DM Bullard holster, which fits the cargo pocket correctly, and has a slot for an extra magazine.

cNU640C.jpg

BillM

LCP with a Crimson Trace laser, in a Alabama Holster Company kydex pocket holster.
Right front pocket. Going on 6 years now. Gun looks like it took a turn in a cement
mixer----but still functions 100% and the laser has held zero.

GarandTd

BillM, is it the gun/holster only in that pocket or is there other things as well. I'm asking because I'm very set in my ways when it comes to what stuff in which pockets. Example: I keep my smart phone(all alone) in my front left pocket always. If I have to put it somewhere else(rare), I feel like I lost it. Keys and change in the right. Pocket knife clipped in the change pocket when available.

Screwball

Screwball, is that back pocket holster comfortable to sit on or is that for standing only?

It is fine for me... I keep my wallet in my front pocket, but would perceive it as having a wallet in your back pocket. Only time I remove it is when I’m driving, mainly so I can get to it quicker, if needed. And the entire holster comes out/goes in... very well contained. Not a holster for everyone, but I’m very happy with it. With most other pocket holsters, never reholster with it in the pocket!

In regards to a gun (holstered or not... but I don’t recommend just putting a gun into a pocket) with other stuff rolling around in the same pocket... I vote don’t. If the holster holds an extra reload, that is one thing, but something that can get in the way of your draw isn’t a smart move. A pocket with a gun should be dedicated to just that gun.

PSP

Beretta Pico in a Remora, in my pocket.
Seecamp in a Headley holster, in my pocket.
Walther TPH in Galco, in my pocket.

I've done all three.

tallball

I also prefer a DeSantis Nemesis. I use them in front, back, or cargo pocket, depending on the weapon and circumstances. (The back pocket is only for going on walks.)

ammo.crafter

pocket stuff

When I am pressed to carry in the pocket, I go to my AMT Backup in .380.

A Desantis pocket holster in a back pocket works very well.

joeb1

I use to pocket carry a Shield 45. Hard to get to while sitting. Really hard while driving, seatbelt made it almost impossible. I now use an IWB cross draw.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

m&p45acp10+1

Front pants pocket in a pocket holster. Keltec PF9, or a P64. I picked up an AMT Backup in .380 but have not shot it enough to trust it yet. I have a .44 spcl Bulldog but prefer to go with a belt holster for it.

I like pocket carry. Holsters are cheap even for the good ones. Also all that is required is a pocket big enough to fit the holster, and gun.

Bill DeShivs

P 32, empty pocket. Perfectly safe.
Whether you use a pocket holster or not, NEVER put anything in the pocket with the gun.

lee n. field

For those of you that carry a pocket pistol, I am wondering what your preferred carry method is. I realize this sounds like a question for Captain Obvious.....Duh, the pocket.....but I know just because it is pocket size does not necessarily mean you carry it that way.

Tell me what pistol, what holster(if you use one), position, and likes and dislikes to your equipment and how you carry it.

Thanks in advance.

One or another XDS, usually. Sometimes a S&W 642. Pocket carry normally, DeSantis Nemesis in the right front pocket.

The XDS is about as big and heavy as I think I'd care to go with pocket carry.

Thanks to low prices, high rebates and seemingly satisfied owners, I have a Remington RM380 on it's way. I've been interested in adding a pocket pistol to my collection and the aforementioned factors bumped it up a couple notches on the list.

One local gunmonger I frequent has been trying to tempt me with one. "Meh." Not interested.

Cheapshooter

Ruger LCP or Kahr CM9, De Santis Nemesis, right front pocket. Ruger LCR De Santis Nemesis, outside chest pocket, heavy Winter coat.