Pocket gun other than a J frame?

springfieldbob

Pocket carry

Glockopop,believe it or not I have carried my Glock mod# 27 in my jeans pocket and it wasn't bad at all. A lot of folks are regressing back to the .380 or even the .32acp. Why give up a superior caliber when a lot of .380 &.32acp guns are just about the same size as the Glock# 27 .40 cal .Sure it's a little heavier but has more whallop and capacity.I even wear it with inside the pants holster by Thunderwear.

Regards,

Bob

Stetson 33

My wife has the snub nose in 357 with just 5 rounds.I carry clock 26 with
glock 17 magazine using a magazine extension making the glock 26 the same size as the glock 19.My other revolvers I need to buy good holsters so I can
carry discretely,

glocktoys

i love the glock 27 and a spare glock 2 mag gives me 15 extra rounds if i need it. fits in the pocket holster great. had a p3at and that was a great pocket gun but not a big .380 fan so back to the .40 s&w with 165gr sxt's

DAdams

My favorite pocket carry, S&W J Frame Centennial version M&P 340 with Crimson Trace 405 grips in a Mika Roundcut holster. The 642 was too heavy for pocket carry IMO.

Number two is a Seecamp .380 hard to find now and long backlog although I would consider a .32 if I didn't have the .380. The .380 ain't no fun to shoot either. But that's not why it gets carried.

Number three, Kahr PM 9. Although it doesn't see much action since I have the other two.

KyJim

YJim and anybody else with experience, how's shooting the 238 compare to shooting the LCP?
The Sig is heavier so the first thing you notice is the difference in recoil. The Sig is fun to shoot. With the Ruger, I'm ready to quit after 5 or 6 mags of ammo. The Ruger's sights are abysmal. The Sig's three dot sights are pretty decent and are fast to pick up. The light weight of the Ruger, together with the small sights and the long trigger pull make it difficult for me to shoot it well. If the gun were heavier, it would help steady the barrel as the shooter pulls the trigger.

BUT, the gun I carried all summer was the Ruger because of it's light weight. I wear shorts with elastic waste bands a lot in hot weather and the LCP is the perfect gun to stick in the pockets. Now that cold weather is here, I'll carry the Sig whenever I'm going to pocket carry either as primary or backup.

MADISON

Other than a "j" frame

How about a Ruger SP-101?
Both S&W "j" frame and the 101 carry 5 shots.
Both guns have 2 to 3 inch barrels.
The Ruger is one heck of a lot stronger!

shep854

The SP101 is indeed a great gun, but (for me) too heavy to carry in a pocket; it really drags down that side of my trousers.

Cbaumh

Favorite Pocket Gun

I carry a Ruger LCP in a Mika Pocket Holster, either in front or rear pocket, depending upon circumstances. I tried carrying a Walther PPS in 9mm, a slim, single-stack, but it was still too heavy day after day. The LCP is not a particularly enjoyable range gun - due primarily to the long trigger pull - nor or the sights great; however, for SD within that hypothetical 10-foot zone, it's plenty accurate. Two or three Hornady JHPs will definitely ruin a BG's day. Is this a stand off/shootout gun? No, for that I'd rather have been carrying my .45 or, better yet, my Remington 870, but that's not too practical for me. The LCP is a nice little insurance policy that's so light and concealable, you can almost forget it's there.

doc540

lightweight Colt Cobra
ColtCobra010-1.jpg

shep854

^
^
^
Ooh, sweet! :)
I really like the way they finally covered the ejector rod. I was always leery of the way they hang out on older Colt revolvers; they look like they'd be too easily damaged.

LightningJoe

I tried Kel-Tec alley but got mugged four times

I never can grasp reports of this sort. Some report having bought as many as six Kel-Tecs with bad results each time. How can this happen?

Oh, but for a pocket gun I recommend the S&W 642. Micro Kahrs may be OK, but I read as many horror stories about Kahr's polymers as I do about Kel-Tec's, so spin the wheel or go for the wheelgun.

Last edited:

shep854

"I never can grasp reports of this sort. Some report having bought as many as six Kel-Tecs with bad results each time. How can this happen?"--LightningJoe

Same here, especially given the level and quality of support available.:confused:

sek2344

I carry a Glock 26 or a Walther PPS in a Nemisis Pocket Holster with no trouble at all. I use to carry the S&W J-Frame Body Guard in a pocket Holster but this now stays at home for the Wife. I also sometimes carry my Kel-tec 3AT. If you find the proper cargo pants or shorts, the larger guns can be carried in comfort.

bikerbill

I'm keeping my Smith 637, but my alternative is a Kahr PM9. A little pricy, but packs more of a punch than the new breed of tiny .380s, is almost as light and disappears in a pocket holster or paddle if I want to belt carry. If you have a chance, try one.

lsbbigdog

Sorry my son hit the enter button on the previous post.

I carry my G27 mostly in a IWB but sometimes in the summer I carry it in a pocket .

Hayley

"Some report having bought as many as six Kel-Tecs with bad results each time. How can this happen?"

Shallow learning curve?

I have a Kel-Tec 1st gen. p-32, S&W 342pd, and (EDC) Rohrbaugh R-9 which pocket carry nicely...and btw, the KT has functioned as reliably as the others.

2cooltoolz

I carry a Kahr PM9 75% of the time. Works great in a nemesis in Khaki slacks. Tighter jeans or lighter slacks I carry the LCP. I carry a J-frame when I want to mix in a couple of shot-shells. Hiking, etc.

lcp.pm9.442.jpg.w560h420.jpg

kahrandsmith442.jpg