Pistol belt?

azredhawk44

The Beltman makes great stuff.

I also have a belt from Wilderness Tactical Products, called the "Frequent Flyer" that is pretty nice too. Inexpensive, sturdy. Much better than a belt off the rack at a department store, when it comes to supporting a gun.

I'll wear either of those two around town. One's black and the other is brown.

Out hiking, I wear a Wilderness Instructor belt. Very wide and sturdy.

Creeper

Wilderness 1.5" - 5 stitch, instructor belt. Go CSM for an extra $10 if you're rig is on the heavy side.

ATW525

Wilderness 1.5" - 5 stitch, instructor belt.

+1

I've been using mine for daily carry for the past three years and it's been great. I've been tempted to try the CSM, though, and that will probably be my next belt purchase.

peejman

After reading many reviews here and other places, I got a Beltman belt. They're not cheap, but they're worth it.

LHB1

I have several 1.25" and 1.5" gunbelts from the late Lou Alessi and wear one of them every day of the year, even when wearing a suit. The 1.25" belts fit in my suit pants and look like an ordinary dress belt but are sturdy enough to support a 1911 in Milt Sparks IWB holster.

Dwight55

I'm basically a jeans & tee shirt guy, . . . flannels in the winter. My belt is 1 1/2 inches wide, . . . and is a double layer thick, stitched all around. It holds up a full size 1911 and at times, 3 mags, . . . no trouble.

Since I made it myself, . . . it was not as expensive as some others mentioned here.

May God bless,
Dwight

jad0110

I won't be going Beltman. More than I'm willing to spend.

Yes, but as peejman points out...

They're not cheap, but they're worth it.

1.5" bullhide belt from the beltman for me, with the knotches spaced more closely 3/4" apart (very worth it).

I love it, wouldn't have anything else.

Silverado

Simply Rugged out of Alaska not only makes leather holsters to order, but also leather belts. Nice thing is the holster and belt will match for formal occasions like BBQs, church, family reunions, etc. My SR belt is 1.5" wide and fits the belt loops of my Wranglers perfectly. Supports and anchors the weight of my full sized 1911 no problem. Not an inexpensive belt, but is made to order to measurements you provide.

The belt is good looking enough that with holster and spare mag holder removed, my wife will occasionally borrow it.

bdb benzino

I just picked up my first actual ''pistol'' belt from a local place near Salem, the name of the place is A.E. Nelson leather co. I saw a reveiw on Chuck Hawks about them and they also came recomended from my gun smith as a less epensive alternative to the big name brands. I have had regular belts from department stores that were ok but you can tell when it's actually made for CCW. It is thicker than normal belts and the one I picked is 1 1/2'' wide.
I think I like having a custom leather company with in 20 miles from the house, and they also have good looking holsters also. I need new one's for my 5'' 1911's and one for my S&W revolver to go with the Pachmeyer's I picked up today!!!:cool:

swinokur

+1 on The Beltman

I bought 2, one black and 1 brown in 1.5 Bullhide. My only regret is not ordering a slightly larger belt for use with my Supertuck IWB. It still works, but the belt is just a wee bit shorter than I prefer. I can live with it.

Great product. You will use this belt for a long time.

madmag

Cheap Belts

I carry all the time. I must admit I usually just buy a cheap 1.5" leather belt from one of the normal retail stores. Usually in the $12-20 range. I find they work just fine, and when they get worn I just buy another belt. On the other hand, I do have fairly expensive holsters...like Desantis leather with tilt that fit great for CCW.

I can easily tell what my more expensive holsters gain over a cheap nylon holster, but I have shopped the expensive belts at a local gun store and I just don't see what the extra price gains me.

swinokur

The extra price gains you a belt that doesn't have to be replaced. You say you buy the cheap dept. store belts and replace them when they wear out.You answered your own question. Your gain is not having to replace the belt over and over.

I have 2 The Beltman Belts and they will outlast me.

:D

madmag

The extra price gains you a belt that doesn't have to be replaced.
Not my experience. I have had expensive belts. I find they wear out at about the same rate as cheaper belts. That's my experience anyway.

Having said that I have never had a Beltman. Maybe I will try one.