Pimped mini revolver

Bill DeShivs

Made these abalone grips today.

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

Norrick

I never actually thought of Abalone with stainless, and I am really liking it.

What kind of work is involved in making your grips if you have a suitable shell? How hard is it to find one with the proper contour (don't the colored side of the shells curve inward, where you'd want the grip contour to curve outward?)

I'm most curious what you did to get such a good glossy finish.

MLeake

I was thinking...

... "hmmm, bet that would make some pretty cool looking knife grips, too," when I realized that knives are Bill DeShivs specialty.

Go figure.

Nice, though.

very nice, & funny... I've been wanting a set of abalone grips for my "snake eyes" NAA Mini, for over a year... ( are you selling them ??? sorry, had to ask )

been thinking about starting to make some simple grips, but right now the holsters are keeping me busy...

Don P

Wow now that would real good in my collection.
Bill make thoses grips for derringers? Thats my problem I want them ALL:eek:

MLeake

+1 hoytinak

Not usually an handgun engraving fan, either, because I think a lot of engraved handguns go over the top - but this is nice. Tasteful - which if you had told me beforehand all the colors in that abalone, I would not have expected - but it really has class.

Very nice work, Bill.

Bill DeShivs

It's an abalone laminate, with thin Micarta on the back, and a clear acrylic over the top. Pretty neat stuff, and very stable.
As far as selling, these took me 3 hours to make and the material is expensive. If you got the money, I got the time! The little grips are very difficult to hold when making. Things like 1911 grips would be much easier, but use more material.
Thanks, everybody!