Pieces of a gun . . . ?

44 AMP

Staff
What if it is renamed to 51RA?

they do it this way...
(ii) all AR types, including the following:

the following lists XXXV (35) different "AR" rifles by names and makers. Don't think a simple name change will keep any AR "variant" off their list. It won't.

tangolima

they do it this way...

the following lists XXXV (35) different "AR" rifles by names and makers. Don't think a simple name change will keep any AR "variant" off their list. It won't.
I don't know. If the "blanket name" AR works, they wouldn't have had the list.

The government accuses my rifle an AR. They will have to prove it. What makes an rifle an AR variant? The name? It looks like one? There are plenty of ARs that are not on the list.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

44 AMP

Staff
The government accuses my rifle an AR. They will have to prove it

Which they can easily do, simply by having a court recognized expert testify it is an AR variant. Then your defense would have to produce a recognized expert to testify it wasn't. And, somehow discredit the testimony of the govt provided expert. That's not an easy thing to do, and may not even be possible.

Simply put, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks, flies, swims like a duck, eats duck food and breeds with ducks, its most likely to be ruled a duck, even if it doesn't say the word "duck" anywhere on it.

ballardw

Don't forget that Red Ryder will hold 650 rounds of ammunition!!! Talk about mass casualty even just waiting to happen!!