Picked up the P365X and why I dislike gun reviewers

TunnelRat

I’ve seen reviewers mention issues I’ve never seen before.

Besides the fact that the feel of the firearm is subjective, all of these reviews are generally samples of one. Within just this thread we have one person who had very different experiences with a pistol based on just the change of the trigger shape. I myself have never handled a P365 with a trigger that I would compare to a PPQ, curved trigger or not. Does that mean we’re all lying? Or maybe delusional? Or maybe the simple answer is not all of these experiences are the same.

The prevailing wisdom seems to be reviewers are either paid shills or haters. If they give a positive review it must be because they were paid or given access for free, whereas if they give a negative review they must hate that brand or just want to generate clicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TunnelRat

A lot of guns sold these days don't have elevation adjustments on either the front or rear.

Sig has an SAS version for the 365 and 938. Those are the 2 models geared towards concealed carry. The SAS sight system doesn't make much sense on a full size gun.

SIG sells front and rear sights of different heights (with optics models that use the plate to hold the rear sight it’s just the front). Replacing those can achieve a degree of elevation adjustment. I did it myself on my XL (which I found to impact low).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

claydoctor

The trigger in the 365 pinched my finger, not unlike a Glock. Had the flat trigger installed, same thing. Had the same problem with the 365XL. Got a Performance Center Shield and it has a great trigger. Feels like a 1911 trigger.