PICK ONE - Help me make a choice.

TheNocturnus

Seriously, get the Glock 19. Or you could go with the G17. I found when I switched from my G23 to my G22 I felt a noticable difference in recoil, it was slightly less than the G23. So by my reasoning, the full size Glock should have the least amount of felt recoil.

@NJgunowner
Being a man I had to buy a Colt. But being a super awesome manly man it couldn't be any Colt, it had to be a 10mm Colt Delta Elite. I now feel ready for the zombie invasion"
10mm is overkill for a zombie, you only need a .22lr to the head.:D

KyJim

Definitely NOT the Taurus. I would personally choose the SW M&P because I like the ergonomics of the gun. However, as others have said, if you like the Glock 23, then you should probably go with a Glock in 9mm due to your familiarity with the platform.

tahunua001

between the three I would choose the M&P. I'm not a fan of glock and I would rather drop an anvil on my bean bag that buy a taurus.

BGutzman

The Taurus is a hit or miss proposal... You get a good weapon at a low price or you get a problem weapon that cost more in shipping that what its worth to fix it not to mention a weight of undetermined length in getting it back..

No if you have a FFL and can mail it that might be different but most of us dont.

graysmoke

I am awaire the Taurus is not on the same level as Glock or S&W....

The only reason I have Taurus as an option is because something was brought to my attention by a couple of law enforcement officers.

If I were to shoot and kill someone in self defence. My gun will be taken by the Police, and held for evidence. And possibly a long long long period of time.
Why have them place and leave your better name, more costly firearm in some Police evidence locker. Is not cool.
This does happen.

One of them told me - that it would be better to have a cheap $200 old gun locked away with them, than your $800.00/$1,000 darling.

C0untZer0

I would take the 17 over the 19 if recoil is an issue.

I would take the 17L over both, there's almost no felt recoil with the 17L.

Another option is the G34... falls between the 17L and 17 as far as recoil goes, also very accurate.

Glockfan36

I'm a Glock fan myself, but

I like the feel of the M&P much better. I handled the M&P9C at an LGS last week, really itching to get one now! I may even sell my Glock 26 in favor of the M&P if I can get a good price on it. Don't get me wrong- I really like the Glock and all, but the M&P just felt even more natural in my hand. I also handled an M&P45C, now that's a sweet piece of machinery!

Tomac

S&W M&P. Interchangeable backstraps, optional (& removeable) thumb safety and APEX parts if you want/need a better trigger. IMHO the M&P is what the current Glocks *should* be.
Tomac

RotationofResizeofSWMP9Compacts002.jpg

KC Rob

I would say the G19 of the three options. I have 17 and a 30 and they are both flawless and accurate. I really want to like the M&P but my only experience is with a buddy who has one, and he had lots of problems with it including light strikes on the primer and some other issues culminating in a part falling off while shooting (can't remember what it was, some part like the safety, mag release or slide release broke and fell off). On the plus side S&W customer service was great and took care of it and last time I shot with him it seemed to be running good and he shoots it well. The Taurus wouldn't even be on my radar.

P.S. Post #28 is in the running for the dumbest post I have seen on TFL.

grousebuster

senior?

I'm 68 so I'm just wondering at what age handling my 1911 or Mdl 19 in .357 will become a problem?I don't notice any problems handling full power loads at my age.I realize each individual is different but just curious what problem this senior is experiencing due to age.

Carry_24/7

Of the 3, for me, it would be the 19. I don't own my 19 anymore, but it was an accurate and reliable gun.

With the easily concealable Walther PPS, I don't feel I need a Glock anymore, as my home defense gun is a 1911.

graysmoke

grousebuster - In responce to your curiosity. All firearms and calibers hare handled in unique ways from shooter to shooter.

In my personal situation it's like this. And it is not a problem. But more of a personal concern.
Shooting both the .40S&W and 9mm caliber loads....Useing and testing a Glock 23 and Glock 19 handguns.
Shooting one handed - I can control a 9mm better than a .40S&W caliber.
Shooting one handed - I can get off more 9mm rounds than with a .40S&W caliber.
Shooting one handed - I can hit the standing or moveing target better with a 9mm than with a .40S&W caliber.

hAkron

CZ 75B or CZ 75 D PCR. The first bein a full sized and the 2nd being the compact alloy framed. Or, as another alternative, take a look at the Ruger SR9 or SR9c. Folks speak highly of the Rugers.