PICK ONE - Help me make a choice.

graysmoke

OK I am replaceing my Glock 23 (gen 3) 40S&W Compact .for a 9mm caliber handgun.
Due to the fact, at my senior age I just prefer less recoil, and my wife can handle it.
Specialy when and if shooting one handed.

My dollar budget ($480/$500) and they fit my hand, the choices are:

Smith & Wesson M&P
Glock 19
Taurus Millenium

Which would you pick and why?

7jinxed7

Glock 19 since the M&P is a little over your price range. But i think the M&P has much better feel and ergonomics compared to the Glock personally. Their both reliable. I would tryy both and see which you like better.

Artie

Glock 19, for sure.

Since it is basically identical to the 23, you will already be familiar with the feel. The Glock 19 is a rock solid pistol.

predecessor

Hmmm...there are other guns in the class that manage recoil better than the 3 you have listed. However, of those that you have narrowed things down to I would go with the G19.

LockedBreech

The G19 is a great selection here, probably the best. G17 if you prefer even less recoil.

The M&P9 is also excellent, but you are more familiar with the Glock manual of arms.

The Taurus should be removed from consideration. It is a class or three below the other pistols.

ShaulWolf

I'd stick with Glock if you're already familiar and like them. I personally prefer the M&P over any Glock, but that's because it's significantly more natural and shoots better for me. Have you had a chance to shoot either the Glock or M&P?

pbratton

there are many Smith & Wesson 4000 series guns out there if you can accept a used firearm. They are mostly police returns and the one I've seen have been in very good shape.

Price can be below your buget low.

Mrgunsngear

G19 or M&P. I have both and they're great guns. If you're used to the G23, I'd probably just get the Glock to keep your battery of arms consistent but the M&P is a sweet shooter IMO. I'm personally more accurate with the M&P but that could just be me...

Mercenary

Glock 19 because if you are looking to CCW, the M&P is a bit larger plus the beavertail of the frame is a little uncomfortable as well.

I have a M&P 9 and I am looking to get a Glock after shooting them simultaneously at the range. The Glock has a much better trigger IMHO. I know that the APEX kits improve the M&P's trigger, but they cost about $90 versus a lighter sear for the Glock is only about $10.

Don't get me wrong, the M&P would make an excellent duty gun as it is a great shooter and the ergo's are great, but for CCW I want the compact Glock. That being said, I am in the market for a G23. I was originally looking at the Gen4's but I have also considered the Gen3's. If you do decide on the M&P send me a PM if you would consider making a trade.

lee n. field

OK I am replaceing my Glock 23 (gen 3) 40S&W Compact .for a 9mm caliber handgun.
Due to the fact, at my senior age I just prefer less recoil, and my wife can handle it.
Specialy when and if shooting one handed.

My dollar budget ($480/$500) and they fit my hand, the choices are:

Smith & Wesson M&P
Glock 19
Taurus Millenium

Which would you pick and why?

You like the Glock 23? Get the Glock 19.

Coach Z

Stick with the Glock, same manual of arms, grip etc. It will be very familiar to you just more pleasant at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk