Pick one caliber between .223 and .30-06

robertsig

Not including .22LR, .223, .308 or .30-06. If you had to pick only a single caliber between those to fulfill all your 'needs', what would it be?

This is not a practical exercise, nor is there any intended purpose behind the question. I'm just curious.

I choose 6.5x55. I suspect .270 will win.

Jo6pak

I love my swede, but I don't reload, and sometimes it can be difficult finding hunting ammo. For this reason, I rarely recommend it to the average hunter/shooter.

Barring the ones you mentioned, I'd have to go with .270Win

^^^I see the above votes for .308 and .30-06. Apparently, someone needs reading comprehension classes:confused:

jimbob86

6mm Remington fan. Very accurate with a variety of bullet weights and designs. Long ranger.

So long as it has the faster 1:9 twist, and not the 1:12 of the original ".244 Remington", agreed. A bit more capacity then the .243 Win, and slightly faster twist for heavier bullets... though 1:7 wold have been better!

Powderman

I believe someone once said,

"Ain't many troubles that a man can't fix--with six hundred dollars and a .30-06."

That's what I'll take, thank you very much.

jimbob86

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not including .22LR, .223, .308 or .30-06. If you had to pick only a single caliber between those to fulfill all your 'needs', what would it be?

Miss that part?

....and it's "700 Dollars and a Thirty-Aught Six"...... by Lindy Wisdom Cooper, IIRC........