Pennsylvania Range Report Jan 27

Jamie Young

I GOT SUN BURN YESTERDAY!!!!!!! I can't believe January 26 2002 I got a tan from hanging out at a rifle range. This is so bizaar. I guess being in the sun from 8am until 4pm can still do it.

This was the biggest group we have had to date. I counted 10 TFL Members and 3 guests, which tops our last shoot. We did quite a bit of Ammo testing yesterday.
I was amazed at how quick and accurate all those Red Dot scopes are. Got to get me one!!!
We primarly hung around the Pistol range. I don't think we got over to the Rifle range until 2:45pm and it closed at 4pm.

Who had the blow up? I was over at the rifle range and heard it happened. Did it damage the gun?

"Dead" check your PM and post a link to the Pictures, whenever you can. I want to post a few of those over in the Rifle forum. Especially the 22LR and 22Mag penetration pictures. And the Mini target pictures.

WHO HAD FUN?????????????????????????????????????????

pdmoderator

blow-up

Hi, SodaPop,

I had a great time, and you were not alone in the sunburn department. Thanks for hosting!

Either Matt or Jody had the blow-up. I don't know which. It blew a piece off the end of a mag to no one knows where. We must have spent 30-45 minutes searching for it and never found it.

BTW, I caught your thread in Art of the Rifle yesterday evening and what you said makes a lot of sense. Don't let it upset ya -- there are a lot of know-it-alls in the world and most of them like to expound their wisdumb to the bboards. :D

- pdmoderator

9mmMike

It was Jody who had the blow-up in his .22 rifle. We never found the bottom of the mag. My bolt action also had a case split and jam in the chamber. This rifle has thousands of rounds through it and I've never seen such a thing.
Jody was shooting Quik-shok. Mine was just Remington Hyper Velocity.
That's all the scoop I've got.
Thanks Soda for a great day and thanks Geoff for the paper for patterning. I snuck off from the .22 shoot for a few minutes to pattern one of my 870's but don't tell anybody!
Mike

Dead

I the casing the blew up the mag... Got a picture of it also...

Will beable to upload the images tomorrow, as I dont think I am making it home tonight...

RAY WOODROW 3RD

Looking forward to the next one......

Mrs. Woody6 and myself had an excellent time. I got to try out my Aguila .22 super maximum hyper velocity ammo and sight it in at 100 yards. This ammo was awsome! Fed through my 2 model 60's like a hot knife through butter. The AR-7 seemed to like it and so did the model 20 bolt action. Didn't blow up the semi's like someone else on one of these forums had posted. The topper was when Jodi let me shoot his ??????? You will have to tell me what that's called again Jodi. If it is legal in Jersey I want one! If you have not made it out to one of our shoots then you don't know what your missing!;)

pdmoderator

I got to try out my Aguila .22 super maximum hyper velocity ammo and sight it in at 100 yards.
Reminds me of the Hyper-Death Ray from Buzz Lightyear.

"What's the difference between a Hyper-Death Ray and an ordinary death ray?"

"Mooooooorrrrrre deeeeaaaaath!" :)

- pdmoderator
(Still wondering what a ??????? is...)

Jamie Young

If any of you are wondering why things blew up and malfunctioned it was because I was there:)
Most mechanical devices blow up or malfuntion when I'm around:)

One of those cases I saw looked like a slam fire. It looked like the round was struck out of battery.

Rovert

Hey, guys...

Sorry I couldn't make it. I was unexpectedly called away from home from Friday to Sunday to complete a project, and had no access to web or Email. Hopefully we can get together sometime soon, and with any luck, I'll actually have my guns with me. Looks like we figured out what the holdup was on the FID, and I hope to have my card and permits this week.

Regards to all... looking forward to those shots!
RK

Dead

RAY,

What you shot was a SAR-2. Good luck at finding them.
They are NJ Legal (confirmed more than once through my FFL calling the State Police). Fun Fun little rifle, the only problem you will have will be getting mags for it, those 30rounds are a BIG BIG no no in the state, so you will have to block'em to 15 rounds :(

pdmoderator

SAR-2

Ray, Dead,

Wasn't hard to find about three of them on the boards (two on http://www.gunsamerica.com and one on http://www.gunbroker.com ).

See http://www.njguns.com/define.htm for a page listing all the eeeevile assault firearms that NJ only trusts official Mafia members with. :rolleyes:

However, if an in-state FFL is willing to sell it to you (or especially if you can get a letter from the state), I think you're covered. I'd be interested to hear how it works out!

- pdmoderator

Marcus

I had a great time Sunday too! Once I got the new red dot on my 10/22 sighted at the pistol range it was BIG FUN! It still needed a little tweaking at 100yds. but it`s cool now. I enjoyed trying everyones toys as always. Jody`s Keltec .32 was too neat! It`s so thin it`s like shooting with a credit card. :eek: Dead`s AK clone was neat too,except when the empties were whacking me in the spine. ;) Oh and Geoff`s Trailside,sweet! I dunno how many rounds the others burned up but I sent about 750 down range myself. I can`t wait for the next shoot! :D Marcus

Jamie Young

I've been pretty much aching to shoot My Colt 1991A1 and FAL so.... Ray if your up to do something in the next Month let me know. I got to get better with My FAL since its My newest gun. And I was pretty disappointed with My Colt 1991A1 skills when you had the NJ shoot a few months ago. I think it was partially the fact My sites stink and the fact My reloads were pretty weak. I'm up for some Tactical shooting. Or at the very least EXPLODING TARGETS:D Lets have a balloon shoot? Or a Fruit Shoot? Bring your most hated Fruit and shoot it. Can we have one of those at your place Ray? The Deer would love it if we did that.

FlyinGN

looks like ya had GREAT weather! I was all set to go and all my stuff was in a pile all ready to go sunday morn when my wife noticed that the brakes in her car was makin noise. I pulled the wheels and sure nuff she needed pads. I got that job done and had to pull the rear wheels to check out the back s too as inspection is coming up. By the time I got it done it was after noon. To late to get cleaned up and hear 1.25 hours :( Maybe next time.. Glad everyone had a good time..

Frank

Dead

I picked a bad spot to setup....

I know... We should have an AK shoot yeah yeah yeah... :D

I can bring a few I think ;)

Jamie Young

I don't know.............. Geoff and I are seriously thinking you've been planted into our Group to keep an I on us. WHERE DO YOU GET ALL OF THOSE THINGS FROM????????????????????

An AK shoot??? NAAAAH I think its funny making you bring lever and bolt guns.:p

Mrs. Woody6

Hey SodaPop - Why are you picking on Dead?

Ya jealous or something?? :D :D

By the way Dead - An AK shoot in New Jersey????:confused: What ya trying to do get us all arrested? :p Any AK or AK wanna be is highly illegal in this wonderful state of New Jersey. What - do you work for the black market or something??:eek:

Thanks guys for being great company. I had a great time and enjoyed trying out some of your personal favorits!! As for the women on this board - where were you??? I was the only female there! The "Rose" among many thorns.... :D :D :D :D

Jamie Young

The "Rose" among many thorns....

????? I take offense to that!!!!!!:mad:

Hey I've actually been dumped because I own guns. Well not dumped but blown off TWICE in the last 3yrs. My sister is the only female that ever came to one of these shoots and her husband was P.O. that she knows how to shoot a gun.:D

So what's it like in the Woodrow household when the Mr and Mrs. get in fights?
Oh and you should feel proud My 2000 post was in response to yours.:cool: