Pedersoli Shotgun

noelf2

Do the cork wads hold tight under recoil?

They do as long as they're a little over bore size. They're a bit forgiving in my choked barrels (spring back to shape) unlike overshot cards. Not sure what punch you'd need for your 12 guage. I use a 20mm arch punch for my 10 gauge. I rechecked the cork tiles I punch from, and they're more like 3/16" thick, but feather light, and made up of compressed cork particles about the size of course coffee grinds. Before I experimented with the cork, I just used a 1/8" felt wad over the shot. That held up under recoil too, but is more expensive and doesn't break up like the cork.

jaguarxk120

You can find out when the gun was made by the date code on the bottom of the barrels at the breach. The code will be in a small box and roman numerals some times regular numbers. The date code can be found at shotgunworld in the Beretta stickies.

Are your barrels chrome lined?

I don't own any Pedersoli firearms. I do happen to own a T/C product or two as you may or may not know Hawg. In my experiences having to deal with T/Cs parts & service department now & then over the years. I've always come way feeling completely satisfied with T/Cs ability to accommodate their customers to the best of their ability. (I firmily believe they try too.) To be honest I've always wondered if Pedersoli has that same high regards for their customers as well when it comes down to their parts & service department? Curiosity has gotten the best of me here Hawg. That's why I'm asking you Sir. Some day I just may buy a Pedersoli product. But before I do. I think its best to hear some feedback before hand. Concerning Pedersoli products from one who owns their product/s. Tell me like it is please.

S/S

Hawg

You can find out when the gun was made by the date code on the bottom of the barrels at the breach. The code will be in a small box and roman numerals some times regular numbers. The date code can be found at shotgunworld in the Beretta stickies.

Are your barrels chrome lined?

Yeah, I know. I posted a couple of days ago it was made in 79. No not chrome.

Some day I just may buy a Pedersoli product. But before I do. I think its best to hear some feedback before hand. Concerning Pedersoli products from one who owns their product/s. Tell me like it is please.

Whacha wanna know Sureshot? I like it. It is very light tho and its kind of dainty. It seems to be high quality. Wood to metal fit is very good and the 33 year old finish on the barrels has held up well. The barrel key is pinned which I've never seen done on a repro unless it was a custom build. The muzzles are very thin so there will be no screw in chokes used. I haven't fired it for accuracy or to check barrel regulation but I did hit a pumpkin four times with a good bit of shot from around 20 yards. When I get some more wads and cards I'll give it a workout.

I've always wondered if Pedersoli has that same high regards for their customers as well when it comes down to their parts & service department?

Warranty work &/ or parts required. How are they at Pedersoli? >Helpful or so so? Do you have to call Italy?

Hawg

I dunno Sureshot. This one was made in 79 so I'm sure the warranty has run out long ago. If it breaks I'll fix it myself. You'll have to ask somebody with something newer.

Oh I see Hawg. Because of your shotguns age. Its long out of its warranty period.
Sounds like if you did need something fixed or placed. You are indeed experienced enough to handle the task yourself.
I wish I could say the same. But I can't. >(Thank Goodness for warranty shops.)

noelf2 said: This is the place to call if you need parts or service for Pedersoli firearms They are good. I ordered extra choke tubes for my shotgun from.
+1. noelf2
Here's the positive reference. If you've had good luck with Pedersoli they must be good than. Thank you Sir.

http://www.flintlocksetc.com/

Hawg

Sounds like if you did need something fixed or placed. You are indeed experienced enough to handle the task yourself.

Pretty much. I've been tinkering with guns since I was 10.