Pedersoli Shotgun

Hawg

I got a deal on a used Pedersoli 12 gauge. Haven't shot it yet tho.

006.jpg

007.jpg

011.jpg

009.jpg

Does it use choke tubes? Otherwise pretty nice condition it appears to be in. Have you tinkered with B/P shotguns before Hawg? (I'll bet it'll be fun.) Congrats Sir. Nice purchase.:)

Hawg

No choke tubes. Yeah I've got an original Ancion muzzle loader made around 1850 and several SXS's and an original 87 Winchester I load bp for.

Doc Hoy

Hawg....That is a sweet blunderbuss

I do agree that only five other CAS shotguns is not nearly enough. You were due another one.

Congrats on the find.

Hawg

Thanks Doc but muzzle loading long guns really don't cut it with CAS. Without the two muzzle loaders I still have seven that could be used for CAS. Five SXS's, an 87 Wincheter and a repro 97 Winchester.

Doc Hoy

Hawg...

That is a shame.

You really are deprived.

. . . . . ;)

In the serious side, the condition of the latest addition looks good and it is a nice looking piece.

Hawg

You really are deprived.

I am Doc, I really am.:( It is a nice piece. It was made in 79 and has been taken good care of. It's been used tho. It wasn't a safe queen. It has some scratches in the wood and a few very tiny pits at the breech that I can't see even with glasses. It just looks like a few spots with bluing gone.

Hawg

I fired four rounds out of it today. All I had was some #8 shot and no wads. I used paper towels for wads. The first two loads were 70 grains of powder and an equal amount of shot by volume. It shot ok but the sound and recoil were very disappointing. Next I went to 80 X 80 and was much happier with the results. A nice solid boom and some recoil you could actually feel. :cool:

Curious Sir? Where would you buy your wads from? I don't think you can use the same fiber or paper wadding used in old style paper shot shells? or can you?

arcticap

That's a really nice Pedersoli double barrel that you bought.
Do the barrels have any choke or are they cylinder bore or what?
Or aren't they marked?
Balled up and compressed newspaper can work good for 12 gauge wadding.

Last edited:

Chowmif16

Hawg,
I have essentially the same gun, but with removable choke tubes. I love shooting it, however it doesn't fit me very well. My eye sits too high, so I don't have a nice sight line down the barrel.
What a fun gun to shoot though!
Is the trigger pull on yours quite hard?

Cheers,

Hawg

No choke. Most muzzle loading shotguns are cylinder bore. Unless you have choke tubes you can remove to load its too hard to get a tight fit with wads and cards. I have used newspaper before but it makes a bigger mess than paper towels. That's why I only shot four rounds, I had confetti all over the yard. The trigger pull on mine is quite nice but since it is used I don't know if it was worked on or not.

noelf2

Nice shotgun Hawg. I use 1/4" hard felt wads over powder (one for small game light loads and two for heavier loads) and 1/8" cork wads over shot in my pedersoli 10ga. Punch out the wads myself. The cork is frangible and doesn't blow the pattern for me.

Hawg

I usually use a powder card over the powder and then the wad with my Ancion. Do the cork wads hold tight under recoil?