Pawn Shop Find

1MoreFord

AFAIK there are two and only two Browning HP extractors. There are the internal extractors like the one in this pistol and the modern external extractors. When you're dealing with 3rd party HP copies there may be some deviations that might be considered proprietary.

The extractor in this pistol is the older internal version and they are not always easy to find and are more expensive than the modern external version. Sometimes they are near impossible to find and very expensive during those times. Always best to have at least one spare and are best purchased if you find them to be plentiful when you go looking for one.

Gas Bag

I had a chance to get one and I got a Ruger Security Six .357 instead. That was just a personal call on my part. I just never considered the Hi Power.
I did not like the 9mm at the time, but that changed when I got a Taurus.

RsqVet

Killer deal, at that price I would buy it to just enjoy and look at it though I am somewhat opposed to that when it comes to guns. Love the BHP and that is a genuine piece of BHP history. Guess it came back with a GI or am I wrong on that ? Not many other ways I can imagine a war time gun making it here without an import stamp?