Pawn Shop Find

veprdude

While browsing some pistols the other day, I saw a HI-Power marked $600. Intrigued enough to look at it since I really like them and only have 3 of them. It was positioned so I could only see the top of it and not much else. When the guy pulled it out I knew it was an immediate buy. Asked for a better deal (because that's how I roll) and he came back with $500 plus tax ($541).

Now I know enough to know it's a WWII era P-35 or some variant but after some google research I'm having a hard time pinning down a good research site or what exactly you'd call it as far as a concrete model. Any help would be appreciated. Serial number 160xxx.

Blueing looks original as far as I can tell and only shows wear in the grip area and high points.

IMG_0374%20%28edited-Pixlr%29.jpg

IMG_0370%20%28edited-Pixlr%29.jpg

IMG_0371%20%28edited-Pixlr%29.jpg

IMG_0372%20%28edited-Pixlr%29.jpg

IMG_0373%20%28edited-Pixlr%29.jpg

jetinteriorguy

Niiice. If I could find one like that for that price I'd scarf it up too. I really like my FEG version and got it for $250.00 last year, but still want to get the real thing. Looks like I need to hit more pawn shops.

OldCranky1

I have a Browning that is a safe queen but I really like the FEG version as well and my wife carried it in her car for many years. When my oldest son turned 21 I gave it to him when he got his CDW permit and not he carries it.

Nice find!

1MoreFord

Now that you have the pistol you'd better pick up a spare extractor or two. Be forewarned they are a bit pricey.

DMK

since I really like them and only have 3 of them.
Lucky dog. I don't own any Hi Powers and would jump at any nice Belgian for $500 around here.

Beautiful example BTW.

veprdude

Pawn Shop Rule #1: Always ask for a better deal.

Pawn Shop Rule #2: If it's a corporate shop and you're serious, ask for a better deal than the one they just gave you from a manager. 50/50 you'll get slightly better.

Pawn Shop Rule #3: If a $1000 item is for sale for $100 shut up and don't ask questions.

T. O'Heir

$500 is steal for any BHP. Pushing out the wee pin in the trigger is how you get that useless mag safety out.
"...thought that the P35 was a Radum..." It's Radom and that's a VIS 35. There was a Great Depression on then so numbers were in short supply. snicker. Oh and there was no German occupation in 1935.

rock185

Appears to be a German occupation model. Well worth what you paid as long as the internals are decent. Probably even if the internals are not decent;)

jrothWA

If it has the nazi stampings, have a qualified smith examine it.

The Belgian resistance did some "fine tuning " the the Heat Treatment" process during the occupation and they kept no records,

If it passed the ENJOY IT

jonnyc

OK, very nice 1942(?) Occupation BHP. Mine is very similar, #150XXX. I paid just a couple buck less than you and I'm still giggling like an idiot. They dumped the tangent sights right about 150XXX, so you have an nice transitional HP. And no, they do nit use standard HP extractors, but tough to source internal ones, much like a 1911. I shot a few mags through mine and put it away. I have 7 other HPs to play with.
Well done.