Paris attack bringing new folks to guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAZ
Even one of the most anti-gun, and hypocritical police chiefs in the US, Cathy Lanier of the DC police, stopped just short of endorsing guns, a moderating stance from previous positions. On 60 minutes tonight, she indicated:

To which Aguila Blanca commented:

I'm not holding my breath on Cathy embracing citizens with guns, but it's a nice change.
I didn't see anything in her statement that you quoted that in any way suggested to me that she advocated armed citizens, even for a nanosecond.

He said she stopped short of endorsing guns. She went so far as to say that getting out is your best option, but if you are in a postion to try and take the gunman out that is the best option for saving lives. Don't wait for the cops, but take action.

Cathy Lanier: What we tell them is the facts of the matter is that most active shooters kill most of the victims in 10 minutes or less, and the best police department in the country's going to be about a five-to-seven minute response.

Cathy Lanier: I always say if you can get out, getting out's your first option, your best option. If you're in a position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out, it's the best option for saving lives before police can get there. And that's-- you know, that's kind of counterintuitive to what cops always tell people, right? We always tell people, "Don't-- you know, don't take action. Call 911. Don't intervene in the robbery"-- you know-- you know-- we've never told people, "Take action." It's a different-- this is a different scenario.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/responding-to-an-active-shooter-60-minutes-anderson-cooper/