PARA Expert 45 1911 ACP

shaunpain

Wow, that's a heck of a deal! I thought I paid great on my GI Expert a couple of years ago at $500, shipping included. I would've pounced at the opportunity for what you paid! I remember the gun being NIB and super tight with zero play. I agree with another poster that the included mags are junk. They never fed right for me.

KeeperOath

Para Ordance

P.O. 1911 pistols start out great and then went bad for some reason, or so I've read. Since Kahr Arms took them over, I've read the P.O. 1911 pistols have never been better.

Be sure your P.O. is an older one or a newer one under Kahr Arms oversight.

KeeperOath said:
P.O. 1911 pistols start out great and then went bad for some reason, or so I've read. Since Kahr Arms took them over, I've read the P.O. 1911 pistols have never been better.

Be sure your P.O. is an older one or a newer one under Kahr Arms oversight.
You are confusing Para-Ordnance with Auto-Ordnance. Kahr Arms bought Auto-Ordnance from Numrich. Auto-Ordnance is in Worcester, MA. ParaUSA (the new name since they moved production out of Canada) is in North Carolina.

qwiksdraw

shortwave: ... Make sure and give us a range report ASAP.

As requested, here is my range report:

I shot about 70 rounds thru the pistol and it performed extremely well. The overcast skies made the fiber optic front sight seem virtually non-existent; it was like shooting black on black sights. However, I was able to quickly learn the sight picture which helped get rid of those pesky fliers. Most of my shots were within the 9 circles and got some decent groups, for me that is since I never use a rest to shoot my pistols.

There was one FTF and I am sure it was a mag problem. The mag is one of those stock Colt mags and I have had a FTF with it in other 1911s. That mag only gets range use anyway. So the Para is still at 100%.

The trigger felt a bit different from my other 1911s and was a bit of a distraction. The previous owner is one of those guys who likes to take new guns down and polish new parts, so who knows what he did in there. This won't be a hit on the gun. For now, a little extra dry fire practice ought to resolve that and get rid of the other pesky fliers. And we're still at 100%.

Ammo used Monarch 230 grn FMJ and TulaBrass 230 grn FMJ which the Para just ate up!

The Para Expert just felt real good in my hands, like my other 1911s. You know what I mean, no further explanation is needed!

As for my evaluation, the Para USA Expert is 100% pure 1911 magic.

I thought it was lucky for me to get this gun that price, now I know how luck I am. Glad you all talked me into getting it, because it's a keeper!

shortwave

Thanks for the range report qwiksdraw.

Again, congrats on the great deal. You got one of those that don't come along everyday. Happy you like it.