PARA Expert 45 1911 ACP

qwiksdraw

I can get a used PARA Expert 45 1911 ACP fro $350 + tax. Is this a fair price?

It looks to be in very good condition.

Last edited:

qwiksdraw

Thanks guys, I got it.

I don't know when is was made, but it was made in Charlotte NC.

para2-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MisterMills357

Para Expert Price

Yes, that sounds like a good deal. It sounds like a gift, that's what it sounds like!

The Para Ordnance Expert (Single Stack magazine type) is featured at Gallery of Guns for about $670, with a Black Nitride finish.
The prices rise steeply, for a Double Stack magazine type.

Para Ordnance may be one of the reasons, that there are so many well made .45's out there now. They have always been known for tight tolerances; and well made guns.

Political Aside:
It is a good thing that they are made in Charlotte now. They were made in Canada; and I am sure that the company was no longer welcome there.:cool:

Last edited:

Elerius

The Expert was my first 1911, got mine new for $599 and that was the cheapest I had seen them so your deal was great. I always hear good things about Para but unfortunately for myself I got an anomaly; mine jammed 3-4 times each magazine out of all 4 mags I had. Failures to feed. I ended up selling it to someone who didn't care that it jammed. Hopefully yours will live up to the reputation and you enjoy it.

1stmar

FYI. Para warranty is lifetime and transferable, they pay shipping both ways. Their cts is much improved

qwiksdraw

Ditch the para mags. They are junk!

So how am I going to get in any malfunction practice if I ditch them?

Thanks, I will still try them out but now I won't get freaked out if there is a malfunction and blame the gun. I have about 20 other 1911 mags I can fall back on.

qwiksdraw

Not stolen or something like that I hope?

No, I bought it from a local gun store (that is also a big time internet dealer) was was in the store when the customer sold it to buy another 1911 (70s series type). That was last Friday and it was on my mind the whole week end about getting the gun, so on Monday I asked about buying the Para Expert.

While there, I also had a great conversation with the guy. He is also a regular buyer and the guys at the LGS know him well.

It's like like the stars were fully aligned for me on this one. I will be shooting a few rounds with this week end.

Hopefully I didn't bore you with this much detail.

Last edited: