Paddle Release

Siggy-06

Dhludwig, it would be cool to see a modern offering with a heel-release. Maybe bersa or walther could put one on one of their .380 offerings. Some of the advantages of the heel style release: the mags wont just fall free of the gun and be damaged if they hit the ground, no accidental magazine release, less parts on the frame. These were never meant for competition shooting obviously, but during several wars/conflicts, most servicemen were only issued 2 magazines for their pistols, and you didnt want either getting damaged from falling to the ground.

Cosmodragoon

I'm right-handed but I love the paddle. Besides being convenient, proper holsters that protect the trigger guard also help to protect a paddle release.

This isn't true for buttons. Under the wrong circumstances, bumping into a counter the wrong way can push that button. (Ask me how I know.)

Desmosedici

Paddle release on my HK45 is very easy to actuate with my trigger finger, and the magazine has such positive ejection, it's easy so easy to do.

I love this pistol. My shooting buddy always seems to struggle with remembering where the mag release is when he shoots it, it's humorous.

wild cat mccane

I haven't heard too many people say the button release is superior in design. Only thing I've read is a knock on the paddle because of familiarity with the button.

The button really should go.

HistoryJunky

I am also a left hander. I have an HK P30 and it is my most comfortable, ergonomic handgun.

I have size small hands and it is the only handgun I have owned that I can hit the mag release and slide stop without breaking my grip.

I have held other guns with paddle releases and like them too.

I wish it was an option on more firearms.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk