Over/Under Shotgun….basic

FITASC

I hate with a passion "picking" the hulls out of the action. I tuck the stock under my right arm, hit the lever with the fat part of my thumb, while holding the forearm with left hand...gun breaks open and I catch the empty hulls about 6-8" out of the gun, drop them in the hull bag, grab two loaded shells and in they go. In the hundreds of thousands of times I've done it, I'm pretty sure I can count on both hands the number of hulls I've dropped. Everybody does it different.

Being LH, I do the same in a mirror image version.

If that proves too difficult, all one has to do is turn the gun somewhat sideways and open the gun close to your vest so they pop out, hit your vest in the stomach, and then you can place them in your vest or trash

THEWELSHM

I just bought a 28 " stoger condor 12 gage un used for $365.00 the company is owned by Benelli, which is owned by Beretta.. fit and finish great for the $.

Thewelshm

GE-Minigun

Another thing I've seen done...while opening the gun, place your index finger over the action at the centerline...hulls eject into your finger

Nathan

@THEWELSHM ….good to hear your Condor is treating you well. I looked at those, but several couldn’t be opened or closed without excessive force. I wonder if a good cleaning and som3 use makes this ok??

Yildiz is a good choice in you price range. For over 6 years I've been shooting 3 Yildiz O/U's. A 12 ga, a 20 ga and a 410 bore. I use them on doves, quail, rabbits, skeet and sporting clays. ALL Yildiz O/U 's come with ejectors and 5 choke tubes. You can get with steel or aluminum receivers The walnut on these guns is better than any standard grade Beretta or Browning.

Nathan

Yildiz is a good choice….

I don’t know anything about these, but I read they are great stuff.

As you can see, I moved some investment money around, made a shrewd offer and a Browning ended up in my hand. It is a nice gun. Wood was in excellent condition for the price. I would bet the $750ish Yildiz wood would be as nice or nice.

On the Browning, build quality is exceptional, features and upgrades are a bit spartan, but there are many quality repair centers and years of parts availability. Triggers are 4.5 lbs and quite well matched. Gun fit on me is good. It feels good and pops into a consistent mount with little effort. That said, my mount needs some work. I couldn’t ask for more.

Yildiz needs to be sold outside of Academy or Academy needs to expand. ATA has similar issues.