ordered me a Hi Power

Amin Parker

I keep the magazine safety in place in case my weapon is ever snatched from me, if i can manage to drop the mag the weapon is useless. It will give me precious time to find another weapon.

The trigger does improve with it removed, i just feel that the benefits of having it in place far out weighs i good trigger imho.

The Browning High Power is my favourite pistol of all. I find them to be the most reliable, most beautiful, best made and most pointable 9mm pistol.

frank hayes

I had one of those tangent sighted belgian brownings and trade it for a S&W model 27 8 3/8 inch. have neither today, but do I regret selling that browning.

jr24

$699 is a nice price for a like new MK III. You're gonna love it.

As some have said, the trigger can leave some to be desired. Mine is heavy but smooth, with no grit; with the mag safety in so I got lucky. But man, does that gun feel nice in the hand.

I have smallish hands as well but sometimes upon presenting and a high grip I'll get a little bite from the hammer. Might want to consider a bobbed hammer in the future.

JJNA

Where can one get Mark III's nowadays? I haven't seen one for several years at the local gun show in VA.

I have an old, banged-up Israeli trade-in early Mark II that I've been meaning to send to a smith who specializes in High Powers, and been meaning to buy a Mark III.

sandbag

Mark III HP

I bought a Mark IIIS BHP in 1994 and it is my primary carry firearm-I carried it on my job til they decided against single action autos-then later I carried it on a retirement security job-totally reliable,ergonomically perfect,not a target grade trigger,but more than adequate for practical use.
Leave the mag safety alone if you will use it for SD-modification to a safety feature can hurt you in a post shooting investigation and if someone is gaining control of the firearm,just press the ejector button and they can't use it against you.
Make sure you use "mousetrap"mags with the spring on the bottom-they literally jump out of the gun.

WVsig

Leave the mag safety alone if you will use it for SD-modification to a safety feature can hurt you in a post shooting investigation and if someone is gaining control of the firearm,just press the ejector button and they can't use it against you.
Make sure you use "mousetrap"mags with the spring on the bottom-they literally jump out of the gun.
sandbag is offline Report Post

Please show me some cases where the removal of a mag disconnect was used against a shooter in a self defense case?

WVsig

Where can one get Mark III's nowadays? I haven't seen one for several years at the local gun show in VA.

I have an old, banged-up Israeli trade-in early Mark II that I've been meaning to send to a smith who specializes in High Powers, and been meaning to buy a Mark III.

Local shop in Somerset KY has BNIB factory fresh for $915.