Oprah will not talk to Sarah Palin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saab1911

gc70 said:
Hillary is running for office and anything she says about Palin can and will be used against her in 2012.

Maybe Hillary is being decent and maybe she feels sisterly solidarity with Palin.

dipper

Maybe Hillary is aware of the backlash taking place against the cheap shots at Palin and doesn't want to get involved or give anyone any "quotes" to use against her at a later time.
The Clinton's are savvy political people if nothing else.
I still don't think they are 100% behind Barrack anyway.

Dipper

Shorts

Maybe Hillary is aware of the backlash taking place against the cheap shots at Palin and doesn't want to get involved or give anyone any "quotes" to use against her at a later time.

I think so. At a time where MSM and internet-journalists are rabidly salivating over anything remotely resembling "news", it's best to not say anything unnecessary.

Just how is slamming Oprah related to firearms, accessories, or civil liberties?

Since Oprah doesn't do guns, then it must be about civil liberties, only there is not civil liberty issue here.

madmag

Just how is slamming Oprah related to firearms, accessories, or civil liberties?

It's not, but since this is Legal & Political Oprah's views about Palin fit.

Second thought: Oprah supports Obama and won't talk to Palin. Obama is anti 2nd adm, Palin is pro 2nd adm......so related to firearms...or the loss there of.

gc70

Maybe Hillary is being decent and maybe she feels sisterly solidarity with Palin.

Maybe. But I lived in Arkansas before Bill became President and I have a different opinion. :D

astromanluca

I was going to say, "It's Oprah. Who cares?"

Though I do think it's funny that we have a bunch of guys talking about Oprah :D:barf:

It's not, but since this is Legal & Political Oprah's views about Palin fit.

Second thought: Oprah supports Obama and won't talk to Palin. Obama is anti 2nd adm, Palin is pro 2nd adm......so related to firearms...or the loss there of.

Boy, that is a stretch.

There is the timing issue on this. There is no reason she should interview Palin since Palin is now part of a presidential campaign. If she did, she would be obligated to give comparable air time to the other side. Does anyone here really want a Democrat-based, highly successful, TV personality with an almost cult-like following to do that? It would end up like a national pep rally for Obama's side.

So I guess we can sit back and whine that some Democrat TV host who isn't hosting either side is some sort of bigot for not interviewing one of our candidates, but that seems pretty stupid. It isn't as if Oprah-bashing is going to help convince anyone to vote for the MP ticket over OB. It isn't as if we can claim Oprah has done anything unfair or wrong. It is just whining.

The notion of Saab1911 gross statement that Democrats are sexist based on Oprah's guest list is just plain bunk. This tells me that Saab is scared. Maybe he should be. Obama seems to still be ahead n the current polls.

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
There are no legal issues here to discuss. The political issue is very slim at best, yet with the attempted thread-jacking, I'm gonna close it now.

PM's issued. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.