Open heart surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms6852

I had abdominal surgery a few years ago and moving fast was not possible for a while. I have a 642 with crimson laser grips zeroed to 10 yards. This became my primary self defense gun as it allowed me to shoot from a lying down position using either hand. For backup next to me in bed was my 1911 and my colt python and 686. Fastest reload is a loaded gun.

briandg

The bottom line of the list:

He needs a gun that weighs less than a gallon of milk.
Doesn't have a slide that will strain his muscles or healing tissues.
Has minimal recoil.
Will be able to use as a carry piece.

That's what I believe I have read.

Even a single action Blackhawk Fed with low power.38 rounds could work, it still comes down to what works for the individual.

Imo, one of the important points is that unless money is tight, it would be smart to get one that fits the need rather than making do with something already in the safe that isn't right.

458winshooter

Heart surgery

Hey been there done that , October 26, I had a double bypass and just got released to go back to work this past week. I would have to say that a long gun of any kind would be too much recoil for at least another month unless your going down to a 22.It will need to be a handgun of some sorts.The numbness has yet to go away for me and my strength is just coming back as of late.If it was like mine your sternum was wired back together and it will move if you strain yourself.Heavy recoil from shotgun or high-powered rifle will move it around not a good thing.Its hard to do I know but you have to take it slow and give yourself some time.It was hard for me to.

Don P

I deleted the posts about moving as irrelevant.
I thought so myself.
Question, is this for a purchase or from guns you already have?
No not looking for a purchase. I have a big enough selection to choose from.
A simple revolver is a good suggestion.
That is why I chose my model 10. My other revolvers are set up for competition and federal primers. Also ease of operation nothing to manipulate was a big deciding factor. So the semi-autos rest quietly.

Of course, best wishes from TFL for a healthy and speedy recovery!!
Thank you for all the well wishes

Glenn E. Meyer

Then you have made a good decision. I apologize for the silly thread drift. We try to catch it. Folks, answer questions that are asked, please.

Again, we wish you all the best and on that note, a good close.

Status
Not open for further replies.