Online gun stores

txstang84

+1 for Bud's...I've bought three handguns from them. I have yet to leave reviews on them because I haven't quite made it home from my deployment; but, my dealer said all of that which he's received from Bud's is in great shape-exactly as described.

I won't hesitate to do future biz with them-all of mine was done over the net too...out of necessity more than choice. Good experience though. They send you a chain of emails from the time you order it until it ships. And you can check the status/track the delivery from their website. If you reserve order something, you'll have updates sent when it comes in, order is processing, etc. I've got no complaints with Bud's. Their email response time for any inquiry was timely, polite, and professional.

hdawson228

I much prefer dealing with my neighbor stores. They have always been competive and someone for advice or other help. Shop at home. I don't recommend the big-box stores like GM, etc.,:cool:

_W_

Haven't bought a gun from Bud's but got a few holsters and accessories before. +1 for Buds.

Jkwas

My local gun shop is listed with Davidsons, and has always beat their price because there is no service charge or transfer fee. Try a Davidsons shop near you first before you use them.
I've used Bud's and J&G sales with good results.

tkcomer

I've bought several guns from Bud's. Then again, I live only about 35 to 40 miles away from them. But I just bought a STI 9 mm 1911 style gun from this place: http://www.brazoscustom.com/ If his 45s are as nice as my 9mm is, it would be a great gun.

cougar gt-e

Local scheels was 30 bucks more than buds best price when you factor in the FFL and instant check. Local gives easy access to help if needed too.

rsxr22

Im surprised no one has mentioned CDNN. They dont deal that much with 1911's but i do recall them having a few shot show demo Para's that retail around $1500 for $700-800. They also stock Springfield's in their store. You must download their magazine in order to view their guns.

outdoor14

Online gun buying,

Give Davidsons/Gun Genie a shot. Any gun purchased through them carries a life time replacement guarantee. Pricing is low and service is excellent. No I don't work there. Had two deals in the past and will buy my next gun there for sure.

NuCentMAn

How do you...

How does one buy online, does the item have to be shipped to a local shop and picked up there? can someone clear up the process for me?:confused:

rsxr22

-you pay for the gun
-go to local store and check to make sure they will accept transfers. you might wanna check a few stores to see if anyone else is cheaper.
-call seller and give them ffl transfer #
-gun ships to them(local store) and you go pick it up, you fill out form and pay transfer fee and off you go.

larryh1108

+1 for Bud's

I've bought many guns and accessories from them and they are fast, courteous and are a no BS company. I will buy from them again.

Also, to shop prices just have him go into gunbrokers.com. There he can see the going prices for just about any gun he may want. you type the gun name into the search feature and you get all the info you need. You can buy it right there or go to Bud's armed with pricing. Bud's will usually be cheaper.

Piper Cub

+1 Buds...great dealer..have bought several. FACT

I like it how some one posted they have never bought from bud they the read some where they are no good...LOL Maybe it was the friend of a friends grandmaws cousins uncle??

Last edited:

Hornett

Bud's has been fine for me.
Not bought a gun there, but accessories.

Here is a nomination for CDNN Sports.
I'm surprised they have not been mentioned yet.

Last edited:

Piper Cub

CDNN does n0t have guns on their web page that you can order off as Buds does. I however have got lots of accessories over the years from them without any problems.

scottaschultz

Another +1 for CDNN! I bought my Ruger 50th Anniversary .357 Blackhawk from them as well as a lot of accessories. While they don't directly list firearms on the website http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ there is a link right there on the homepage to download their latest catalog that does list their firearms. It is a rather large PDF file so it takes a few minutes to download. Also, when you order anything from them, they will throw in a printed copy of the catalog (which is the exact same thing) with your order.

Scott

Alpha06

Another vote for Budds and CDNN.

Don't forget to check out Gunbroker. I have bought a few from there. Just make sure to look at the feedback and reviews.

bones06

+ 1 for Buds....I ordered my Sig and received it in a week from them. Price was about $120.00 cheaper then any local dealers. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Hornett

Also, when you order anything from them, they will throw in a printed copy of the catalog (which is the exact same thing) with your order.
And the CDNN printed catalog has the handgun prices.
The down loadable pdf catalog has "CALL" listed for the price.
I believe this is due to rules imposed by certain unnamed manufacturers (Glock :D) to be their distributor.