Online gun stores

QBall45

Please give me a bit of help. I'm trying to put together a list for my brother soon returning from the sandbox. He is looking to buy a 1911 but would like to do a little shopping around before getting home. The only places I can think of are R Guns and Impact Guns. Any help ya'll can give him would be wonderful.
Thanks,
QBall

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Don't buy anything without talking to WildAlaska, he has an excellent reputation. You've got to call him though, he doesn't do bid-ness via PMs.

Buds Gun Shop also has a very good reputation. I bought my Glock from them, best price I could find at the time. They're generally considered competitively priced and a good place to do business.

greyson97

i second buds. they almost always have the best prices bar none. esp if you dont live in kentucky. you take their price, add 3% if you are paying by CC which i always do, and add $25 for my FFL transfer. even after all that they are still way cheaper than local which is the price you see + sales tax, and any other online store. plus they are fast. you can get a gun in a week of ordering it. ordered on monday, got it monday of next week.

honestly I think the other stores just resell buds guns at a markup, cause they never have anything buds doesnt have for lower.

impact guns sucks, they take forever to do anything, and they are expensive.

I live in texas so i dont shop with them, but you can also try out able ammo
they seem to have good stock, and fair prices

QBall45

Looks like I'll be adding Buds to my brothers this. I'll have to check WildAlaska to. The more choice I can give my little brother the better. I know he will check local shops when hour gets home also. But, sometimes the money saved buying online can go a long way towards buying ammo or reloading suplies.
Thanks all for the help.

LanceOregon

There is a gorgeous stainless Para-Ordnance Tactical Commander with Tritium sights on sale on gunbroker.com for only $955 It is quite a nice gun. See this link for details:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=135191778

Here are some pics of it:

pix3864735203.jpg

pix3864735390.jpg

By using gunbroker.com, you can find thousands or great deals from hundreds of stores.

-

oneounceload

gunbroker.com
auctionarms.com
gunsamerica.com
gunsinternational.com (my favorite)

Those will give you some idea of what certain prices are like

Also look at CDNN, especially for closeouts. You have to download their PDF catalog and usually call for handgun prices, but they're pretty inexpensive

got_the_itch

Be careful with Buds......

+1

I've never personally done business with them. But do a google search on Bud's guns reviews. I don't have the link off hand, but I visited one of the sites revealed by google. And there was 1 or 2 of the sites where the employee's of Buds were in a heated arguement. Which soon turned into a Buds locals beat down on the said individual.

Like I said above, I've never personally done biz with them. So, I'm only speaking from what the webz has told me. I've browsed Buds many, many times. They do have fairly good prices, but I'm not sure the few (literally in most cases) dollars saved would be worth the problems. Give it a google, make your own choice. I'm sure there are reviews like that about alot of sites. But Buds happens to be one I have researched a little.

And for the record, I've bought a gun from Davidsons through my local FFL. I don't know how the pricing works, but it was the cheapest I could find it. (SIG Pro 2022) It lists for around 600. I got it for 450. The shipping was supposed to be overnight. My FFL called me and told me Davidsons said an extra 35 for overnight. So I recieved it in 3 days. Not bad, I suppose. But I did expect it overnight.

greyson97

I've purchased 3 guns from buds online. The first one i got during their 48 hour weekend special, and that was a crazy time for them, so their turn around was 2 weeks. But the 2 guns I have bought since then, first one i ordered wed, and got it 7 days later, wed, and the latest one monday, and it will arrive at my ffl this monday. so they have a week turn around which is reasonable, and their prices are the lowest and they have the best availability

Mowog

Buds +1

I ordered from Buds last December during post-election rush. They were good on the phone and completed my order within a week. Prices were good. I would order from them again.

JeffSSig

In no certain order:

Top Gun Supply ask for Tom

WildAlaska ask for Ken

Buds Gun Shop ask for Brandon

Right here in the TFL adds

:)

LanceOregon

+1

I've never personally done business with them. But do a google search on Bud's guns reviews. I don't have the link off hand, but I visited one of the sites revealed by google. And there was 1 or 2 of the sites where the employee's of Buds were in a heated arguement. Which soon turned into a Buds locals beat down on the said individual.

Like I said above, I've never personally done biz with them. So, I'm only speaking from what the webz has told me. I've browsed Buds many, many times. They do have fairly good prices, but I'm not sure the few (literally in most cases) dollars saved would be worth the problems. Give it a google, make your own choice. I'm sure there are reviews like that about alot of sites. But Buds happens to be one I have researched a little.

Man alive, I have never before seen a message posted here in these forums quite like yours before GOT_THE_ITCH.

First off, you admit that you have NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER in dealing with Bud's. So all you are totally going by is HEARSAY posted ANONYMOUSLY on the Internet. And yet, despite the fact that you claim you found websites filled with such claims, you completely neglect to provide any links to backup your claims. NOTHING AT ALL!

Tell me, exactly how do you think that such a post is going to be perceived by others???

You can probably guess what my reaction to it is. :D

-

gwnorth

+1 for Topgunsupply.com I've not bought a firearm from Tom yet, but have bought lots of other stuff and his service is superb, and everything arrives in perfect shape and exactly as it was advertised.