Online Gun Auction Sites - Which Do You Prefer?

Which gun auction site do you recommend over the others?

• Auctionarms.com

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Gunbroker.com

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • GunsAmerica.com

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Darren007

I've always used Gunbroker and had them handle deadbeat bidders just fine.

I dont doubt it. The problem is, they dont deal with deadbeat sellers at all. Ebay is guilty of this as well. After all, theyre making money off the seller, not the buyer, which I think is the reason their so lax when dealing with problems a buyer encounters.

mulletguter59

I have done over 75 buy and sell transactions on GB mostly buying. Only 2 that I was not real happy with because I didn’t nail down the shipping & handling before bidding. 3 buying on AA no problems. One buy on another board’s buy & sell, not a pleasant experience. I’ll never do that again.

I did 2 deals with a GB seller that went very smoothly, He had a lot of great feed back for several years. Then he ripped off about 10 buyers and got banned, so you never know.

TomC

I dont doubt it. The problem is, they dont deal with deadbeat sellers at all.

Good thread.

I have bought quite a few items on Gunbroker and Auction Arms, and in general, as a buyer I have had better experiences on AA, and I think I get better deals there.

GB sellers run from great - who will take an item back, be apologetic, and pay from shipping both ways if there is a problem - to abysmal, who sell guns that are misrepresented or have major problems with them that aren't disclosed, and even if they take them back due to their own fault they will still stick the buyer with shipping both ways.

And if you are a buyer with a complaint on Gunbroker, they just tell you to pound sand. That's been my experience, anyway. They only clobber bad buyers, from what I can see. As long as a bad seller keeps paying the fees, they'll let him run amok until he gets enough bad feedback to slow his business down.

Non-paying buyers are a scourge, for sure, but I think non-shipping sellers are worse. If the buyer doesn't close the deal the seller really isn't out anything but time, but a seller who refuses to ship, even if he sends the money back, has cost the buyer not only time, but money order costs, mailing costs, and ties up money the buyer probably had to scramble for.

I have such a deal with a GB seller right now, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Lurch37

I have used both AA & GB, and have nothing but positive experiences with both. I normally don't waste my time bidding on something with a reserve, and I don't waste my time or yours selling with one.

I have only bought on AA and from my experience, they have a smaller selection of what I looking for, although that may be obviously different than what you are looking for.

I buy and sell on GB and find more examples of what I'm looking for there.

DonR101395

I voted for GB. I've used both, but the only problem I've had was with a seller on AA. I don't think it's indicative of the sellers there, but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

farnorthdan

I prefer going to proxybid site where you can actually bid live at set auction date and time. I've snapped up some really good deals this way. It does take some time and effort to track down these live auctions but its well worth it.

Wildalaska

In the interests of full disclosure I am beginning a move over to GunBroker, despite the fact that I think AA is a better venue for buyers. However, since we as always offer inspection, visit us :)

WildlongstoryAlaska ™

CGSteve8718

Despite what some have said about GunBroker's not having a protection policy, I have been fortunate enough to have not had any negative experiences using it.

I do prefer GunBroker because there are simply more sellers, and more items on it. This means more traffic as well, but half the time you can't find what you're looking for on Auction Arms. I feel that GunBroker is slightly more user friendly than AA as well.

I have only used Guns of America once, but probably won't do so again. I have seen more items listed way beyond what they are worth there than at either GB or AA.

anARtoo

I have used GB to sell several guns that I had and also to purchase a few. Only 1 bad experience with a buyer. Strung me along for about 3 weeks. A real Pain in the #$@!*. Re-listed the gun and immediately sold it to someone else. I think GB site is by far the most user friendly and by a long shot. Some of the others are really difficult to navigate and I don't seem to have the patience to deal with them anymore. I will say the prices in general are getting way way too high.

Swampghost

IMHO, they all s**k. I much prefer to deal one on one in a forum such as this one or at gun shows where I deal with the other 'walkers'.

Anybody want to buy an 1873 45-70 TD shooter? THAT's an auction piece.