One handgun only...what would it be?

presspics

If you were to own only one gun for all of your handgun needs..it would have to work well for concealed carry, bedside and general end of the world stuff. What gun would it be? What caliber?

Datguy781

Glock 19. I never owned one but have owned a 26 and 17. I think the 19 offers a compromise between its brothers. Good for carry and as a main sidearm.

BigJimP

Wilson Combat ...5" 1911 ...chambered in .45 acp .....

...../ works for everything !! :D ( and for a very long time / since I have a pair of them ...and one is easily over 35,000 rds and no need to rebuild it yet ...except replacing springs of course - which doesn't count )...

presspics

I'm leaning toward a Glock 23. It's small enough for concealed carry and big enough for a duty belt. Many police departments in this area use the Glock 22 so if it really is a SHTF scenario then mags and ammo will be easy enough to get.

David the Gnome

Probably a Glock 19. It would be a good compromise between a gun that's fun to shoot at the range, has a good capacity, and can still be carried.

irish52084

If i=I had to choose one gun, I'm going full size: CZ SP-01.

I would be tempted to choose a 4" 1911 as I love their feel and it's a good size vs. firepower compromise.

TBT

A few months ago I would have named the M&P and it would still be a fine choice. Since I've recently rediscovered my love for the 1911 platform though I would probably go with a CCO size 1911 if it had to serve all purposes.

RBid

I own a Walther PPQ, and I love it. Despite the fact that it is my absolute favorite handgun, it wouldn't be my pick for this.

Even living in Oregon, I don't see the PPQ as a practical ccw weapon, 365 days/year. Sure, I could pull it off 3/4 of the year, but for 3 months, it's just not going to work.

If I were to pick *one* gun for ccw, nightstand, WROL, etc, it would be one of these:

S&W M&P9c. Decent capacity, great reputation for reliability, and apparently shoots very well.

SA XDm 3.8" 9mm compact, or Ruger SR9c, for the same reasons. These two guns come with full sized spare mags, and grip extensions. If Serious Situations Arise, you can turn that ccw weapon into a duty weapon in less than 2 seconds.

Thankfully, I am *not* limited to one gun. I have my PPQ for range, nightstand, and emergency (WROL, etc) duty, and possibly seasonal ccw. I'll be picking up a subcompact for EDC-- possibly a Ruger LC9.

gunluver

One handgun for everything? CC, bumps in the night, world ending, everything?
I would be perfectly comfortable with either a commander sized 1911 in .45 or a .357 magnum revolver with 3" barrel.

lee n. field

If you were to own only one gun for all of your handgun needs..it would have to work well for concealed carry, bedside and general end of the world stuff. What gun would it be? What caliber?

Gee, this hasn't been asked before.

lawnboy

The Sig P6 that I carry.

Ammo available everywhere- 9mm
Relatively compact without being too compact
Substantial
Made of metal
Has a hammer
I shoot it better than any other handgun I own or have ever owned. This includes 1911's, Glocks, a CZ75, a Walther P5, other Sigs ( I have a P226 too and have had others), the 92F I was issued at one time, various revolvers and a Makarov. Probably some others too.

I don't care that it is used. I don't care that it is dinged up. I don't care that it is 30yrs old. I don't care that it is a single stack 8+1 gun. I just care that I hit what I shoot at with it.