Okay, guys, time to own up...

Bogie

Today I wore a pair of forest green BDUs and an old pair of Altama "tactical" (they actually say that!) boots to work.

I work in an office... I just happen to like BDUs and boots...

So, how many other folks have been infected by the insidious creeping mall ninja virus?

Kharn

I've got a pair of BDU pants I wear for paintball. Not many companies, besides Uncle Sam by way of the surplus stores, sell pants that have triple seams and double layers over your butt and your knees for $15. Now if I could get a T-shirt that would last as long as those BDU pants do...
I swear I never appear outside of my house in those BDUs, unless I am going to the paintball field.

Kharn

KSFreeman

I wear a pair of black (thus tactical) Israeli commando boots (feel like tennis shoes) when I go to shooting schools. They work great in deserts like Arizona or Tejas, lousy in the Missouri clay of the Chapman Academy.

Sadly these boots do not allow me to climb up walls. But I haven't given up looking.

Mark D

I have a black (tactical) leather belt that I wear every day. Ooops, forgot about my tactical soles.

Seeker

I've got two pairs of BDU pants (one OD, one khaki) I wear them around the house and yard (ten acres) for work pants. I like the extra pockets and the baggy fit. I don't much care for the camo varieties.

Ledbetter

Not infected yet

But I do have an OD green surplus GI T-shirt, oh and a Viet Nam era GI pith helmet. Oh, and a web pistol belt with suspenders, holster and shotgun shell pockets. Oh, and a M-7 bayonet for my Mossberg 590A1. Maybe I'm just a carrier.

Edward429451

I like BDU's, baggy fit, lots a pockets, very durable. The problem I have with em' is, that they identify you as a combatent, or as one who holds the mindset of a combatent. Not good. So I dont wear em', I much prefer to keep some sense of anonymity and wear "urban camoflauge" instead. Blend in rather than stand out.

PvtPyle

I have just over 125 different camo sets from around the world. While I dont wear the vast majority of them, I do wear some and in the colder times I do wear the coats, primarly to agrivate the little woman and freak up the boss. She is getting used to it, but the boss hasn't.

I do wear some sets around the house for comfort. I like the baggy loose fit and alot of countries use much more comfortable material than we do.

Jim V

I wear "tactical" black boots for work, there are some jobs that I am given to do where I wear navy BDU's because navy is the color of the required uniform and I hate the jumpsuits they want us to wear.

I have several pairs of "BDU" shorts that I wear during the summer. Love all dem pockets.

Halffast

I have several pair of BDU's that I wear when I'm out knocking around or hunting. My karate school has a couple of "Karate Camps" a year and I will wear my black BDU's as they are almost cut like a gi. I have yet to get the courage to wear them to work, though.....except at Halloween. :D

David

dZ

here is my new favorite BDU maker:
camofront.jpg

www.utilikilt.com
Hello casual Friday!
:cool:

Zak Smith

Nowadays, just about the only casual pants I wear are the poly/cotton BDUs in a solid color.. often green. The rest of my attire is a tshirt (often with a geek, motorcycle, or RKBA "slogan") and tennies shoes.

The BDUs (Rothco "brand") are just so durable. I have pairs that have been in heavy use for 4 years and they are still fine. The poly/cotton ones do not wrinkle as much as the cotton ripstop, and require less maintenance to look decent. They are more comfortable than jeans, for me, allowing more range-of-motion.

-z

OF

I have a pair of black flip-flops that I wear to the range out here. :) There's nothing like shooting big black rifles wearing flip flops! (rubbah slippah for all you Hawaiians)

- Gabe

ckurts

I have a set of French BDU's from Sportsmans Guide that I wear hunting. I also have a set of OD green BDU's for the same purpose, and a pair of 6 color desert BDU pants that I've never worn but probably will one of these days, again for hunting.

An OD green M65 jacket and forest camo surplus poncho complete my hunting ensemble.

I usually wear Gore-Tex lined soft leather hikers when I wear boots. I haven't had a pair of military type boots in about 10 years, but I'm thinking of getting a pair.

Some years ago when I was going through my second childhood out there in Brewster County, I used to wear pits and pieces of military clothing a lot.

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
Hmm I used to wear my east german army boots as motorcycle boots, also useful for a variety of other terrain. But one day when worn with my tailored french foreign legion paratrooper pants (black denim with cargo pockets) someone at work asked me if I was a "jack booted thug". Hmmmm

I for one LIKE my cheap "jack boots" but some people just don't get it.

My "hunting" pants are nato wool fatigues or Polish utilities. I actually own a set of BDU's but they only come out for turkey hunting. my "other " camo isa set of Soviet bdu's, slimmer fit but not as well made. Also have an old set of german tanker's coveralls for working on the jeep. Used to use a flight suit for that.

Unless its my day off or I'm riding.. you won't likely see me wearing anything like this.

FXR

I specifically avoid anything "tactical".

Don't own any BDU's or military-style boots. Don't own any nylon holsters for my gear, or even any nylon slings. Don't have any cordura "assault style" rifle cases for my rifles. :barf:

Nothing against you folks who choose to buy this stuff (honest!), but it's just not my choice. Since I've never been in the military, I'd feel silly in camo anything.

I stick to business attire (slacks/sport shirt) or athletic wear when working out. Don't even own any blue jeans.

I like leather rifle slings (from Turner), leather holsters, aluminum rifle cases, wood stocks, 1911 pistols and single-action revolvers, the 30-06 cartridge, and Fedora hats.

Just call me "retro man". Should'a been my handle on this forum, but I chose FXR because I ride Harley Davidson motorcycles, too.

Kevin :cool:

Herr Walther

I have a pair of black BDU's that I wear around the house in the wintertime. They are comfortable but warm and they fit loose around the waist. I took out the blouse cords and hemmed them so they look normal on the bottom.

Acually without all of the convenient pockets, they look like ordinary black trousers. I stay away from the cammo unless I'm going to a local turkey shoot in the Autumn. And then that's only the pants.

Ben V

I wear them everyday! And sometime I even wear blues...
I guess you weren't asking us active duty guys huh? :D

ajaxinacan

I still have two seabags out in the garage that I packed when I left the Corps in '96.

I looked through them once, packed them back, and there they sit.

All my cammies will still be there when my boy is old enough to want to play with them.