May God bless,
Dwight

zippy13

1) Plinking/Fun - S&W Mod 41 .22LR
2) Utility/Woods - TL, Grover's Improved Number Five .44Mag
3) Home Defense - S&W Mod 625 .45ACP
4) Conceal Carry - Walther SS/PPKs .380ACP
5) One you can't live with out - S&W Mod 10 or 51

Sorry, TennJed, none of my Rugers made the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

austinjking

Plinking: Browning Buckmark
Woods: S&W 686
Defense: Springfield XD
Conceal Carry: Colt 1903
Can't Live W/Out: Springfield XD (it was my first)

Jo6pak

Handgun forum

Seems alot of folks don't even read the OP:confused:

1) Plinking/Fun= Sig Trailside. Ever since I got it running smoothly, it goes to the range every time.

2) Utility/Woods= When not carrying a long gun, it's usually my .40cal. CZ75 with me in the woods

3) Home Defense= the GP100 for HD.

4) Conceal Carry= No CC in WI.......yet.

5) One you can't live with out.= That's a tough one, Since I only own 4 handguns The CZ or the GP100 could pull triple duty for the first three. Wouldn't want to rely on the little 22s for defense

Last edited:

gak

1) Plinking/Fun - Have: Ruger Single Six .32 H&R Mag, ultimately will convert to .327 Fed Mag. Have Not (would like to add): Single Six .22/.22WMR convertible
2) Utility/Woods - Ruger Montado (New Vaquero 3.75", SS) .357; same configuration in .44 Sp for sub-40th parallel bear country, or as camp gun 5.5" .44 Mag Vaquero.
3) Home Defense-S&W 65 LS (Lady Smith) .357 3".
4) Conceal Carry: Have not: Ruger SP101 .327 Fed Mag or steel Smith J in same, or Ruger SR9C 9mm.
5) One you can't live with out: above Smith 65LS, best of the K's IMO. Pure goodness in a handgun.
6) Antecedent heirloom/fondling/handling/admiring; Colt SAA, any cal but my thing is .44 Special.

armoredman

1) Plinking/Fun
CZ-75B with Kadet Kit, plink with 9mm or 22lr.

2) Utility/Woods
CZ 527 7.62x39mm 527M carbine with low power fast scope or irons, light manueverable, handy, accurate

3) Home Defense/End of the world
Two different answers, home defense would be a nice CZ SP-01 Phantom with flashlight/laser attachment, 19 rounds on tap before mag change. EOTWAWKI, well, I doubt I'd last too long in that time, but I'll take my vz-58 7.62x39mm with Blackhawk chest pouch and many, many loaded magazines.

4) Conceal Carry
CZ P-01 9mm in either HBE or Hazel leather

5) One you can't live with out.
This one will surprise you - Smith Model 10-8, will hopefully stay in the family forever. Inheritance revolver from my stepfather. Very accurate, fun to shoot, goes to my son when I croak. Now I need to find some grips that will let a 10 year old hold/fire it safely - Pachmeyer Presentations on it, came with it.

Terry A

1) Plinking/Fun...........Any of my .22 rifles
2) Utility/Woods.........Any of my .22 rifles (hunting) M4 otherwise
3) Home Defense=Glock 21SF
4) Conceal Carry.....Springfield XD-45
5) One you can't live with out......I guess the last gun I would want to part with is my grandfather's service revolver, a Colt Officer's Model Target .38, for sentimental reasons.

Cheapshooter

Handguns only, and in my current collection:

Fun/Plinking. Walther P22. Not my most accurate rimfire pistol, but just plane FUN to shoot.

Utility/woods. Ruger GP 100 6" full lug. 357 Mag for serious work, 38 spcl for small game/ general shooting, shot loads for snake protection. And all interchangeable.

Home defense. Beretta 92fs
Concealed Carry. Springfield Armory XD40 Subcompact.

One I can't live without. Purely sentimental reasons, although it's a great gun. My Granddad's High Standard HD Military.
He gave it to me when I was about 14, 50 years ago. The two of us have a lot in common. Production dates are about the same, and we both might be old but we both still shoot pretty good!

So many post are including long arms, I'll make this addition.
Plinking/Fun...Same
Utility/Woods Savage Mod 24 22Mag/20 Ga.
Home Defense... Mossberg 590A1 Adjustable 9 shot.
One I can't live without...Same

Sevens

I'm going with handguns that I already have, not ones I'd like to have or wish I had.

1) Plinking/Fun:
AMT Hardballer Long Slide... because it's the most accurate center fire semi-auto that I own. When it comes to hole punching and can bustin', nothing in the world is more fun than accuracy and repeatability and I can drive tacks with this pistol and 200gr LSWC's.

2) Utility/Woods:
Ruger Mark II... because it's accurate, reliable, and great for this kind of role. But the truth is, I'm just not a hunter. So when I'm in the woods, I'm carrying my EDC. But that's in another category, so I'll put my KMK-512 in this one.

3) Home Defense:
S&W 1006... I like it in this role because it's got a factory magazine disconnect. I can keep it with a chambered round and a magazine elsewhere in the room. I like this setup for a pistol at the ready when I'm asleep.

4) Conceal Carry:
Glock 29 with night sights and Pearce Grip extension on my magazines. This is my EDC and I'm accurate and confident with it and it's reliability is unparalleled in my modest collection of semi-autos. I'm really satisfied with my ability to shoot this pistol quickly and accurately.

5) One you can't live with out:
Difficult to answer this one... I love a bunch of 'em. But if I lost any single one of them, my EDC is the one I'd need replaced immediately because it's the one that I have on me all the time. Hate to use one twice, but that's how it is. If we are just going with irrational love for a handgun, I'd go with my 6-inch 686 dash 3, .357 Mag. First handgun I ever bought with my own dough. Paper route money, actually.

javabum

Plinking/fun.......10/22
Utility/woods.....my .30-06 or 10/22
Home defense.....p-89 & g27
Conceal carry.....p-89 &g27
One you cant live without....(dont own yet)357 mag. 4"& les baer 1911 45

rich e

My list

1 Ak-47

2 Scoped 30.06 bolt action

3 Moss 500 12 ga.

4 S&W 642

5 Tough one???? One gun for "Everything". HD,CCW and hunting.....A S&W model 19/66 with a 4 inch barrel..(A 4 inch barrel 357mag K frame S&W)or Ruger security six:):...

Last edited:

aarondhgraham

Limited to what I own,,,

1) Plinking/Fun:
CZ-75B Kadet in .22 LR

2) Utility/Woods:
Colt Trooper Mk III in .357 Magnum

3) Home Defense:
CZ-75B in 9mm

4) Conceal Carry:
S&W Model 36 in .38 Special

5) One you can't live with out:
S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece,,,
Because it's arguably the finest .38 Special revolver ever made.

IM_Lugger

assuming only allowed to pick handguns

from he guns I have now...

1) Plinking/Fun - Norinco .22
2) Utility/Woods - Glock 29SF 10mm
3) Home Defense -HK USP .45
4) Conceal Carry- CZ 75
5) One you can't live with out.- Beretta 92

lucky for me I only have 5 handguns :p with 2 more on the way :)

Benderx4

1. Plinking - HK USP9 Combat Competition
2. Utility/Woods - Les Baer TRS
3. Home Defense - Benelli M4
4. Conceal Carry - HK P7
5. Holy Grail - Beretta 92FS Steel I

01bmf

1) Plinking/Fun. Savage MKII
2) Utility/Woods. M1A
3) Home Defense. Remmy 870
4) Conceal Carry. Glock 23
5) One you can't live with out. AR-15