Of which handgun would you like to see a "modern remake"

FrankenMauser

I just want Colt to bring back SA/DA Revolvers...
If they were affordable, quality would be disappointing.
If they were of decent quality, the price would make your head spin.

Colt's cannot return to the hand-fitting that made their revolvers so desirable, without charging prices that are best calculated in pounds-of-gold-bullion ... unless they have the work done in a 3rd-world country.

On the other hand -
If they tried going to investment casting and CNC production, like everyone else; that's exactly what they'd be: just another name on revolvers of average quality.

Colt's revolvers are relics of days gone buy. Until the United States has a large base of skilled workers to compete for lower wage jobs, you won't see their type of craftsman-intensive operation putting out anything affordable to the average American. And that's not likely to happen in the next couple of generations, if ever again.

Colt's revolvers are physical examples of a bygone era in U.S. history, just like Studebaker automobiles.

willr

My vote would be for the broomhandle or the 1914 Mauser. Not many people know that the broomhandle is the only pistol made with no pins or screws (the only screw is the one which keeps the grips on.) Of course, it was one of the first and also one of the best.

willr

aarondhgraham

A break-open single-shot .22 pistol,,,

A break-open single-shot .22 pistol,,,
Similar to the old Stevens guns.

Click here please.

I am a fan of slow leisurely shooting,,,
And for laid-back plinking these would be hard to beat.

I know,,,
I'm a dinosaur,,,
But I would buy a pair.

Aarond

James K

Member In Memoriam
Mrray13,

There almost was a .22 Baby Nambu. Bill Ruger built a gun that resembled a Baby Nambu (a straight blowback action, though), but decided not to take it beyond the prototype stage because he didn't want to make a concealable gun (!) at that time. One story is that the Nambu was the inspiration for the Ruger Automatic Pistol, but that seems untrue - the Nambu prototype was made long after the Ruger Automatic Pistol (later called the Standard Model) was in production.

Jim

Wreck-n-Crew

1911 clearly the better design. I would like to see more polymer framed 1911s.
That would be like taking spots off a leopard or stripes off a tiger. Just won't be a 1911. Just takes away from what a 1911 is.

Quincunx

The "modern remake" I want is already extant; I just want Colt to collaborate with Cylinder & Slide to produce a run of C&S's M2008 "hammerless" .45 ACP pistols. Versions in 10mm, .40 S&W, 9mm, and/or .38 Super would not be sneezed at, either.

Kappe

Colt 1878 double action. Perhaps with a more robust action than the originals.

If one of the Italian firms like Uberti made one in .45 LC, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

bbqncigars

A Volcanic in .45acp or auto rim. The Magmatic, what the Desert Eagle could have been before they screwed with Powers original design.

Tejicano

All steel Browning High Power in 10mm and 45 ACP. (Inglis made a few 45 ACP prototypes so it isn't impossible) Primarily I want to have one in 10mm.

All steel Broomhandle Mauser in 45 ACP with detachable magazines.