Of which handgun would you like to see a "modern remake"

simonrichter

Actually I could think of a lot of legendary guns that I'd like to see in a modernized version, e.g. featuring a rail and/or poly frame etc., yet still the basic appearance of the classic gun. A new edition of the Baby Browning would be nice, me being a mousegun fan... Or, something bigger, a classic SAA revolver with some more futuristic features would be cool as well (that particular one maybe not w/ poly frame, though)

RickB

I'm not sure where you'd put the rail on a Broomhandle Mauser, but that was going to be my answer after seeing only the subject.

lee n. field

Broomhandle Mauser

My first thought was a poly frame Broomhandle. Ugh. Ughughugh.

I dunno. How about a modern rendition, in steel and/or aluminum, of a 1910 vintage .380 Colt pocket pistol. No rail, no plastic, no forward slide serrations, decent sights. A laser if it could be integrated without changing the lines at all.

Last edited:

Colt46

Something webley

Modern steels, cut for half moon clips and chambered in .45 ACP would tickle my fancy.

Also like to see a .44 spl steel frame 3" Bulldog. The ultralights are not my cup of tea.

Powderman

The P-08 Luger.

With the cost of today's guns, it would cost about the same as a decent quality 1911 pistol.

Chamber it in 9mm (of course!), 7.62x25 Tokarev, .40 S&W and .45 ACP.

amd6547

Well...if you are going to go top break, then why not a Webley-Fosberry auto revolver in 10mm with moon clips?