odd high flier with rifle

dvdcrr

I dont even know why I screw around. I went back got my Weatherby Mark V. It is a Weatherguard rifle with a synthetic stock similar to H&S. It seems bedded to the stock ( I couldnt pull them apart). It is free floated. The trigger is 100% creep free, light, deep curve and super wide. It has a "W" etched in at least 500 pt. font on the front of the trigger. That is how wide it is. The trigger is so wide, Patton's 3rd Army could have used it to cross the Rhine. (Well OK not QUITE that wide.) And the stock design fits me well, also having the correct LOP for me. It has a Leupold scope (pre "i" generation) with LRD. This rifle is stone cold "ON". All the time. Like I said, I don't even know why I mess with other rifles.

Last edited:

stagpanther

I dont even know why I screw around. I went back got my Weatherby Mark V. It is a Weatherguard rifle with a synthetic stock similar to H&S. It seems bedded to the stock ( I couldnt pull them apart). It is free floated. And the stock design fits me well, also having the correct LOP for me. It has a Leupold scope (pre "i" generation) with LRD. This rifle is stone cold "ON". All the time. Like I said, I don't even know why I mess with other rifles.
What cartridge? A higher-power Weatherby cartridge is a different thing from non-weatherby cartridges.

ammo.crafter

Fly away

Most likely are being stressed at the final shot and pressuring yourself.

Separate your brass by manufacturer, number of times reloaded, same rifle shot through, trim to exact same OAL, chamfer in and out, weigh each shell, same primer batch, same bullet manufacturer, weigh each, etc.

Handload each round by manual scale measurement and assemble on a single stage press.

Rangerrich99

Have you tried having someone else shoot it? If you have a friend that's at least as good/better a shot as you are and they repeat your issue, it's probably the gun/round. If not, it's probably you.