Odd carry choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

l.cutler

I have carried my model 1895 russian Nagant on a few occasions. Seven shots but if a reload is needed it would be a problem!

MFitz

I have carried my model 1895 russian Nagant on a few occasions. Seven shots but if a reload is needed it would be a problem!

I have one of these. It is by far my least favorite to shoot of all the guns in my collection. It would never occur to me to trust my life to it.

Skans

In the early '90's, before anyone could get a CC permit and when I had little in the way of money, I used to occasionally carry a Jennings J-22.......it made me feel safe anyway.:) Before that, I'd carry an INA 38 special.

Today I mostly carry a Diamondback DB9. If you listen to folks on the internet, the DB9 doesn't work, jams all the time, and will self-destruct if you look at it the wrong way. So, some folks might think that is odd, especially when I have others in my arsenal to choose from like an STI LS40, Kahr K9, and Boberg XR9-S.

Andy Blozinski

I pack a nickle plated 4" barrel Chiappa Rhino, but damn...I want a Mauser Broomhandle now! Somebody needs to start making those again in 9mm.

OneFreeTexan

A little strange

,,now it seems. I've carried a snub 38 Special in a shoulder holster for over 40 years. Recentyt retired from private security, The gun is a Brazilian (without the wax job) revolver. Shoots where I point it, though have only had to fire it in duty twice. I practice daily with it and while it is pretty worn and I've had the funds to replace it often, it is my 'ole reliable' and wouldn't trade it for anything.

And now that I am retired...who knows??

ms6852

I sometimes carry a NAA 22magnum, or the keltec pmr 30 a 22 mag pistol that holds 30 rds. Normally I carry a 1911. Today I carried the NAA, S&W 38 cal, and Walter ppq 9mm.

During holidays I carry multiple guns in various pockets, to accommodate for the variety of bags I may carry.

reppans

:D

6765982087_ca03343f7d_z.jpg

rufus11381

I ran by the range once at work to fire off a few rounds of .32 out of an old WWII Police PPK.

On the way back to the station, an Officer yelped for help. I was close and ran by there and jumped out to help him. The Walther, loaded, was in my waistband. My duty gun, in a bag in the seat. (I was working plain clothes) and i hadn't put my belt, gun, cuffs & cover garment back on.

All went well. But, it occurred to me that if I had to shoot someone, doing so with a Nazi pistol wouldn't look good.
I've carried my 1968 walther interarms ppk in the truck with me for years, not willing to cc with it cuz its in primo condition but I love the little kraut gun

Pianoguy

The Avengers were the coolest show around but came on after I went to bed (so I'm not that old) - but I could still hear that tantalizing theme music. Thank you for re-runs!

Nice photo of the first really great woman heroine - but she really needs one of her black cat suits.

And RIP John Steed - that made me feel old

As to carrying - My Beretta 21a Bobcat one day and the 5" 1911 the next - they both worked.

Banger357

My very favorite gun to CC is my SP101. I know that's not an odd choice overall but I'm relatively small and I do own lighter guns, including a few LCRs, but there is just something reassuring about the weight of steel... and that gun will always be my first love <3

seeker_two

I CC'd a Chinese Tokarev in 9mm a few times. Worked well as a slim IWB gun, but I was using a cheap UM holster. If I'd known what a difference a quality holster makes back then, I might still carry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.