• Pack your bags and mooove.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Stay in the Rotten Apple.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I would never, ever, ever live in a city.

Never.

New York City or otherwise.

Did I mention never?

I would almost never live in Jersey. Certainly not the northern half. Having to choose between the two would be like choosing to get your fingernails torn off or your toes broken.

remember, New York CITY is not the same as New York STATE, it's worse.

"Worse" is not the word. Most of the rest of New York is relatively rural and pretty much gun friendly.

Glenn E. Meyer

Born in Brooklyn, Dad from Newark.

Live in TX

But - can we stop the gratuitious comments and answer the specifics about gun ownership benefits. Be witty elsewhere, so help the OP on the issue.

Buzzcook

Of the two, if I could afford it, I'd love to live in NYC.

But if I was twenty years old and wondering what to do with my life, I'd join the military and say FU to both states.

Nickel Plated

Come to Arizona. It is a very friendly gun state. Plenty of places to shoot.

I have been out here since 1990 and no way will I move back to Illinois and the miserable FOID crap.

I have my CCW and I can go in buy whatever I want and shoot it the same day. Gotta love it.

Some day...some day.

I don't know your neighborhood but that might be your biggest difference. I remember Bklyn as good ol' blue collar where I could talk to guys on the block about hunting. Sections of Joisey can be snooty and anti-gun and that is a potential fact that you may need to deal with.

Eh, it's getting overrun with hipsters now. I hate them. Also I generally don't care what the neighbors think of my guns.

I would never, ever, ever live in a city.

I would have loved to stay in NYC but the gun laws and cost of living are just killing me here. I used to spend the summers in the Poconos in PA. Living out in the woods just ain't my thing. It's nice for a while but I get tired of it really quick.

But if I was twenty years old and wondering what to do with my life, I'd join the military and say FU to both states.

I tried right after high school but I messed up my knee about a year before and they denied my waiver. Even though my knee was completely healed, I could do 3 mile jogs no problem, and a leg doctor wrote them a full letter stating that my knee is OK and I was good for the military. Going to give it another shot in a couple of months. I figured that if I keep reapplying over and over, eventually I'm bound to get lucky.

I will be moving together with my fiance and her mom, so that is why I'm not the only one who's decision is taken into account. However we are looking for a house where her mom would live kind of separate from us, like a 2 story house. This is only intended to be a temporary move. Me and my fiance are planning to eventually move out completely on our own. Probably once I finish up with the army (if I get in that is). At that point I will look at some real free states.

nyc282driver

I am new here and just wanted to put in some advice for ppl that live in nyc that want to apply for a ccw Move would be the best thing to say.I never been in trouble have many Government licenses and endorsements etc. i have my nyc rifle shot gun license took 1 month cause i have never had any bad backround and also have my premise handgun license
2 large safes proper storage had good letters of good moral character from nyc police officers and politicians .i have applied 28 times for my CCW in nyc each time cost $360 and time off work ALL 28 times got denied cause they dont see the need for me to carry a firearm in nyc meanwhile people get robbed all the time and the police just classify it differently so the crime rate goes down..My point is that slowly they are taking our gun rights away and there is nothing you can do politicians couldnt even do something for me even tho i never been in any kind of trouble not even a parking ticket.

Im really considering moving but shouldnt have to just to carry its just how messed up this gorvernment ..My personal opinion

Johnsusername

Why would anyone continue to support (with tax dollars) a government that constantly assaults your rights.

Run and take your money with you.

John