• No. But I'm thinking about it

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • No. But I'm a member of another pro-gun organization

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • No. And I'm not a member of any pro-gun organization

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters

Dust_Devil

I used to have memberships to the NRA and GOA and Illinois State Rifle Association. But then I figured all these organizations are doing for me is sending me info on new gun legislation, telling me who to vote for and how to contact my Congressmen and Reps. I don't need to pay anyone $25-$35 a year to tell me how to contact my Congressman or who to vote for.

What really killed my interest in the NRA is that for financial reasons I had to quit my membership and not renew it for a brief time. What does the NRA do? They send me a notice on how I am now part of the problem because I didn't renew my NRA membership. HOW ARROGANT OF THEM!! Do I need to to explain to them that I wasn't financially able at the time? NO. They could of just said, they were sorry that I could no longer be a member and hope I can be a member again, BUT NOOOOO... I am now just a part of the anti-gun problem because I don't wish to make Mr Wayne Pierre a rich man because he sends me mailings asking for donations as if money grows on trees and tells me to vote Republican every month.

The NRA may be a great aid in teaching firearms safety and marksmanship, but as far as what they really do for gun legislation, they aren't that great especially if they think I need to pay them to tell me I have the right to vote.

carbiner

number6, it's kinda like taxes, they can screw 80% of the people out of their money, and they won't do anything about it.