Norc 1911

KyJim

jrobin3360 -- nice looking re-do there. I was going to ask about the castle but lamarw explained it.

Samuel2011

I belive CSI ONT CA stands for CSI Ontario California.
Back in the early 90's, I remember driving out to Ontario from the shop I worked at and picking up SKS's, Tokarov's and MAK90's by the truck load. Literally!

DaleA

-they produced were made with repurposed railroad ties.

Well that of course would make them wooden guns and the creosote could be an added problem---both for firing and cleaning.

I think it was supposed to be railroad rails. I wonder if the 1911 purists who can't abide rails ON a 1911 would put up with one with made FROM rails?

:p

Couldn't resist the fun with the post but thanks for posting the story about them being made from 'repurposed' railroad materials. True or not I had never heard that story and I found it interesting.

Pico

Love mine

Bought Hogue wood grip panels and a couple of Chip McCormick mags. I will never sell this gun.

Pico

jrobin3360

I belive CSI ONT CA stands for CSI Ontario California.
Back in the early 90's, I remember driving out to Ontario from the shop I worked at and picking up SKS's, Tokarov's and MAK90's by the truck load. Literally!

Too bad you can't do that today.
I'd love to have another NIB Norinco.

lamarw

jrobin, You might appreciate this one. Oldest Engineer Company in the US Army.

Attachments

• Castle.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 20

jrobin3360

Part of the "Big Red One". I trained at "Lost in the Woods" with some of my instructors coming from the 5th. Another unit with an illustrious history.

KyJim

I finally got to the range to try out the pistol. Chilly day, around 30 degrees. I put about 100 rounds through it and, bottom line, I like the pistol.

The pistol came with a no-name 7-round mag. I ran it twice with this mag and, both times, there was a failure to to return to battery on the last round. A tap on the bottom of the mag seated the round. I'm sure this was strictly a mag issue because I experienced no trouble of that type in the two Checkmate mags I used. There was one failure to lock back on one mag. I'll continue to assess this to determine if it was the mag, the pistol, or just a freak occurrence.

With the chill, I gladly put on some leather gloves for some testing. The slightly-larger-than-average trigger guard allowed me to do so with no problems. Trigger was nice and clean when shooting (as it was dry firing). Rounds seem to be hitting to the left a bit. I'm not sure if it was me or the gun. I had not been to the range in a while and may have been rusty. Now I have another good reason to go back soon. :) I did not test it for accuracy. This was a "get familiar" range session. My impression, though, is that it has acceptable accuracy though probably not a tack driver. I had not expected it to be.

The brass was pretty dinged up which was to be expected because the ejection port is not lowered and flared. But, I'm not a reloader so it's not a big deal to me. I'm going to shoot is some more and maybe try some hollow points. Even if I don't routinely carry a specific gun, I prefer they all be reliable enough to count on in a pinch.