no .35 Remington ammo!

shafter

Not that I don't feel your pain, but I really don't understand how someone gets down to only 5 rounds for their hunting rifle. Especially after the shortages of the past few years. Not saying you need a pallet of the stuff, but a few boxes for a favorite hunting rifle seems only prudent.

ThomasT

Hindsight is always so clear!

I got my hindsight in 1996 when the rumor went around that primers were going to be made that only had a 6 month shelf life. I have ever been short of anything since then.

If I still had my 35 Remington I would buy a Lee 200gr bullet mold and use those for everything. tdoyka has it right. Lead bullets are great and I love casting them.

There used to be a guy on castboolits who made what was supposed to be excellent 35 Rem brass from 308 brass. I was getting ready to order 200 pieces when he passed away. He used a lathe to change the dimensions and cut a new extractor groove. And the brass was a little thicker in the web and supposed to be strong and long lasting.

I sold my Marlin 35 so I guess it doesn't matter now. In some ways I wish I still had it. But my dream big bore is one of the 444 Marlins with a 1/20 twist. Now I guess I will have to wait and see what Ruger does with the Marlin line.