no .35 Remington ammo!

KBP

I tried to buy ammo for my Marlin 35 Rem rifle and both ammo and reloading brass are almost nonexistent in Northcentral Pa and even online! I reload and trying to find reloading brass, even once fired is hard! I even tried to trade 3 boxes of once fired 30/06 for 1 box of once fired .35 Remington shells and got no response! Looks like I will have to make due with my last 5 .35 Remington shells for hunting! I hope my eyes make ANY shot count!

10-96

Weird times, huh? I went through ammoseek.com about 4 days ago. They had no 6.8 SPC, no .30-40 Krag, no .45-75 or .45-60, and several others. I did find it odd there was lots of listings for .25-35.

jmr40

Finding 35 ammo has been spotty for years. This isn't just Covid and election related. If it had been on shelves 6 months ago it is one of those rounds that would still be there.

Under "normal" times manufacturers only make a small run of oddball stuff once a year or so anyway. Most people who shoot such rounds often handload. But with the panic buying manufacturers won't stop the production lines making 223 and convert over to 35Rem until supply catches up with demand.

LeverGunFan

The 35 Remington has a unique .460 inch head diameter which means it can't be formed from any other cartridge. So brass production really is spotty as jmr40 has noted. Hornady makes brass, along with Quality Cartridge. Graf's also has 35 Remington brass with their headstamp for sale now, see this link.

KBP

35 rem brass shortage

Thanks for everyone's help! I think I might be able to get some shells before hunting season! Ken

yournodaisy

I shoot Remington Corelokts in my 35. I buy a box whenever I see them, even in the summer. I called Remington one time to ask the lady at Remington why Corelokt 35's so hard to find. She told me Remington makes one Mfg run a year. Usually she said in Sept. Told her thanks, gives me idea why they're so hard to find.

zoo

I think everyone is going to be able to relate in six months as we sit fumbling with OUR last five rounds.

Tony Z

KBP, check LB Toney on Beaver Drive in DuBois. Shelves were stocked about a month ago. Problem is Grices, Bob's, etc. kept existing prices and limited buy quantities.

T. O'Heir

.35 Rem is another "limited production" round. Graf's shows brass as available. Midway does not.
"...no .30-40 Krag..." It's only loaded "seasonally" by Hornady, Remington and Winchester. Been like that for eons. Graf's lists PCI 180 grain SP as in stock at $29.99 per 20. Midway shows Hornady brass as available. So does Graf's.
Best to buy as much brass as you can afford.

Pathfinder45

Pathfinder's Laws of Gun Control

• A gun without ammo is no gun at all.
    • No firearm shall have less than 100 rounds of ammo stored in reserve in case of market shortages.
    • Firearms in frequent use shall have not less than 500 rounds kept in reserve.
By now, after all the past shortages and the current one, we should all know that we can't be sure that ammo will be available. In fact, we can count on future shortages. It's wonderful that we can still help one another with the supply problem; yet we should encourage stocking the pantry against lean times.

Pathfinder45

Yeah, those are bare minimums. Reloading is a major plus, but it's not for everyone; some folks just aren't cut out for it. Odd calibers add another dimension to the equation as well.

Grant 14

Is the 32 Remington rim diameter different than the 35? If the 32 can be necked up to 35 I can send you about 150 cases for very cheap. Grant.